- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new PS3 and PSN releases for this coming week today, as follows:
Shadow of the Colossus and ICO are easily two of the most unique and ground breaking games which debuted on the PS2.
Now, both titles are available for digital purchase on PSN in high-definition and stereoscopic 3D this week.
PSN continues to rack up more notable classics, with Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six: Vegas and Splinter Cell: Double Agent, both arriving on the digital store.
The Drop this week also delivers handful of demos, rounding-up another impressive PSN offering. Make sure to give episode 007 of the PlayStation.Blogcast a listen for awesome interviews from the CES show-floor.
Shadow of the Colossus
- Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment's team behind the critically acclaimed ICO. Players take the role of a young man seeking the truth of an ancient tale of power hidden in a mystical land. Shadow of the Colossus is a majestic journey through ancient lands to seek out and destroy gigantic mythical beasts.
With a trusty horse at your side, players explore the spacious lands and unearth each towering Colossus creature. The uneasy task of defeating a Colossus relies on intelligent puzzle solving and action oriented gameplay. Armed with strong wits, a mystical sword and a sturdy bow, players use cunning and strategy to topple each behemoth.
This re-release of the classic adventure game Shadow of the Colossus has been remastered for HD resolution and 3D displays, and also offers full PlayStation Network Trophy support.
- In Sony Computer Entertainment's exclusive adventure ICO, a young boy with horns is born in every generation to be traditionally sacrificed in order to cleanse the local community of evil spirits.
This generation's boy (and title character), however, tries to change his fate completely by fleeing from his would-be executioners and joining up with a captured princess to escape a gigantic castle. During his quest for survival ICO will have to make his way through vast environments overrun by challenging puzzles (including brainteasers and mazes) as he battles against an army of evil apparitions while leading his princess through the secluded fortress.
This re-release of the classic adventure game ICO has been remastered for HD resolution and 3D displays, and also offers full PlayStation Network Trophy support.
- From the original creator of Flashback, Amy is an innovative survival horror title. The cooperative gameplay featured in Amy is a deep and unique system that requires players to strategize in order to protect Amy and keep both characters alive.
Unlike other games with a secondary character, Amy is neither a super warrior, nor a docile character that follows along. Players must use Amy's size and special abilities to their advantage by keeping her close in order to ward off the virus, and having her complete tasks that Lana can't. For both to survive, Lana must stop at nothing to keep Amy safe.
Zack Zero (PSN Exclusive)
- Help Zack Zero save his beloved Marlene using the power of fire, ice and rock. Embark on an action-packed platform adventure that combines crisp 3D graphics with classic 2D platform action. Master 10 unique skills as you defeat enemies with a variety of creative attacks to reach Zack's maximum power. Rise to the top of the online leader boards via PlayStation Network.
Cars 2: The Video Game
- Cars 2: The Video Game brings players inside the international training center CHROME (Command Headquarters for Recon Operations and Motorized Espionage), where they choose from more than 20 different characters and train to become world class spies.
As part of their international training, they will participate in simulated hazardous missions using high-tech gadgets to evade and slow down adversaries.
- Whether played in 3D or standard 2D, Crysis 2 drops players into a devastated New York in the midst of an attack by a frightening alien species.
The alien enemies are armed with deadly weaponry and exceptional sensory abilities that test players' skill and push them to the limit. These terrifying invaders stalk the streets of New York, leaving the streets in chaos and the skyline in flaming ruin.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
- The stakes are high when the world's most elite counter-terrorism unit enters Las Vegas, where over 36.7 million men, women and children visit each year. "Sin City," the home of the famous Las Vegas Strip, flashy hotels, high-rolling casinos and world-famous celebrities, becomes the setting for a terrorist threat of global proportions. What happens when one of the world's most famous cities is held hostage by terrorists?
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
- Veteran agent Sam Fisher is back. But he's never faced an enemy like this before. To stop a devastating terrorist attack, he must infiltrate a vicious terrorist group and destroy it from within.
For the first time ever, experience the relentless tension and gut-wrenching dilemmas of life as a double agent. As you infiltrate a terrorist organization in its American headquarters, you must carefully weigh the consequences of your actions.
Kill too many criminals and you'll blow your cover. Hesitate too long and millions will die. Do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive.
• Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
• Castlevania: Harmony of Despair