- Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez
is here with the new PS3 and PSN releases for the upcoming week today, as follows:
Demos for The Darkness II (my favorite debut at PAX East 2011) and UFC Undisputed 3 headline this week's The Drop with enough doses of awesome to quench your thirst until their full upcoming releases.
PixelJunk Shooter receives the demo treatment as well, giving you absolutely no reason not to play another PixelJunk gem!
Full PS3 downloads of Duke Nukem: Forever and Mortal Kombat (also confirmed for PS Vita) bring your favorite badass kicking and bubble-gum chewing franchises to the digital era on PSN.
Finally, make sure to wrap up your week in gaming with the 9th episode of the PlayStation Blogcast (miss me?) Enjoy this week's The Drop.
- Daytona USA marks a return to the hallmark sense of speed and control of SEGA's renown racing line with this re-creation of the classic racing title.
Duke Nukem: Forever
- Put on your sunglasses and prepare to step into the boots of Duke Nukem, whose legend has reached epic proportions in the years since his last adventure.
The alien hordes are back and only Duke can save the world, again. Pig cops, alien shrink rays and enormous alien bosses won't stop our hero from accomplishing his one and only goal: to save the world, save the babes and to be a bad-ass while doing it.
ScaryGirl (Demo Available)
- Based on Nathan Jurevicius' Scarygirl graphic novel – winner of the 2009 Aurealis Award for Best Illustrated Book/Graphic novel - Scarygirl presents a wondrous adventure into a distinctive and beautifully bizarre world.
The main character Scarygirl is an abandoned child with a tentacle arm who dresses like a pirate, and is haunted by a strange man in her dreams. She sets out into the world to discover the meaning behind her bad dreams, but Scarygirl is hardly helpless, as she has a tentacle-powered arsenal up her sleeve.
- Driven by an all new graphics engine, the fan favorite series is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before.
Mortal Kombat (known as Mortal Kombat 9 by the fans) introduces a number of game-play features including tag team and the deepest story mode of any fighting game.
Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game's iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several new game modes.
• PixelJunk SideScroller
• The Darkness II
• UFC Undisputed 3
• Bermuda Triangle
• Gold Medalist
• Stick Man Rescue