- Snake's tale might be in its final stages, but the hype surrounding it seems to be growing at an unprecedented level.
The community has waited with bated breath and digested the release of every ounce of gameplay, trailers, retrospective chronicles arising from the stables of Kojima productions, and this syndrome of hype seems spiraling choke gamers out of their last ounce of breath.
Well adding fuel to fire, here are a few healthy does of petrol to douse (or rather flame) expectations about the game further.
- The introduction cut scene for the game is close to 17 minutes long (that's a short film in itself). If we remember that once in 1964 (MGS 3) Kojima implemented pseudo-interactive cutscenes, well there is certain well defined upgrade to this feature with probable camera shifts during the cutscenes.
- An average in-game cutscene is about 5 to 7 minutes long and as we all know there are no loading times between cutscene and gameplay, the transition is smoother than a Jack Daniels on the rocks.
- In addition to the whole war as a financially viable economic activity, the game also addresses climate in great detail. We are now to witness a global meltdown in conjunction with a devastating war in the entire process.
- There are two characters returning form the previous games that have not been seen or heard of while talking about MGS 4 in detail, these individuals have an impact on the storyline in the game during the latter stages. One it seems has been a villain you've fought and defeated in 1998.
- The Altair's costume is used in the game in certain sections where the gameplay is centered in the Middle East, there are sections which vaguely resemble Altair's monotonous crusade only in the future.
- The Patriots are a futuristic version of the "Illuminati" who according to legends are the descendants of the Knight's Templars.
For the uninitiated individuals who are fresh into the MGS hype syndrome here is a brief description of the Illuminati and the Knight Templars:
"Illuminati is a name that refers to several groups, both real and fictitious. Historically, it refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded in the late eighteenth century. However, in modern times it refers to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy power behind the throne, allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. In this context, Illuminati is often used in reference to a New World Order (NWO). Many conspiracy theorists believe the Illuminati are the masterminds behind events that will lead to the establishment of such a New World Order."
The history of the Knight Templars suggests, "Conspiracy theorists claim that the Knights Templar stored secret knowledge, linking them to myriad other subjects: the Rosicrucians, the Cathars, the Priory of Sion, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, the Hermetics, the Ebionites, the Rex Deus, lost relics or gospels of James the Just, Mary Magdalene or Jesus (such as a "Judas Testament"), King Solomon, Moses, and, ultimately, Hiram Abif and the mysteries of ancient Egypt. This, in turn, has contributed to the Knights Templar having several influences on popular culture."
Now the last bit of information is regarding getting your hands on a PS3 and a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 on June 12.