174w ago - The MAG PS3 blog has unveiled Beta 5.0 statistics today, and PSNAtHome.com has spotted an official confirmation from Sony's Jeremy Dunham that the release later this month (January 26, 2010) will not have a mandatory PS3 HDD installation required.
To quote: "I have a question, will MAG require a Mandatory Install or will it run off the disc?
Jeremy Dunham replied on January 14, 2010 at 5:14 pm
Ye olde disc."
MAG Beta 5.0 Statistics
Here's what we have:
• Before the end of the beta on January 10, there were well over a million downloads (860,000 in North America alone) of the MAG beta client worldwide.
• Of the 619,000+ people who gained at least one point of experience, 52,846 of them qualified for Squad Leader, 10,249 people qualified for Platoon Leader, 3,181 warriors made it all the way to OIC, and a mere 143 diehard soldiers made it to the level 60 experience cap.
• The breakdown of PMC preference ended up like this: Valor - 38.7%, Raven - 37.2%, SVER - 24.1%
• Who won the Beta 5.0 Shadow War? Despite their smaller numbers, SVER took the Sabotage war - barely edging out Raven. Meanwhile, Valor took the Domination title; narrowly escaping a loss to Raven's flock.
• More than 225 years worth of battles were played out over the week -- with an average of 3.2 hours played per person.
• For the third beta period in a row, of all PSN users who participated in our testing phase, chennault2424 was the most prolific - he earned nearly 110,000 XP; making his grand total for the last three testing periods in excess of 360,000 experience points.
• Though chennault was the top guy, the remaining Top 5 list of players included My_Digital_Enemy, gomi-bukuro (jp), basquasher (jp), and Behike (jp).
And that's it for this installment of the MAG Beta report.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I dunno.. I had the beta from the very first day.. It is nice in some area's (Game Types requiring team work to make it work..). But mostly I think I like MW2 over it anyday, due to the game play and feel factor. But that is just my POV on this.