203w ago - SCEA Senior Public Relations Specialist Katie Reid has unveiled some inFamous PS3 facts, figures and news of a PlayStation Home Space on the way, as follows:
Ever wonder what goes into the making of a video game? Here are some fun facts regarding the development of their super-hero exclusive, inFAMOUS. We thought we'd go ahead and share a few of our favorites from the issue and also the development team with you!
• In addition to the kitchen espresso, the inFAMOUS team traveled to Starbucks approximately 18,200 times. Two groups of 10 people per day, five days a week.
• There were 10 inFAMOUS babies born during development. One employee had two during that time.
• It took over 70,000 separate art, code and media check-in submissions to make inFAMOUS.
• The inFAMOUS team consumed 17,472 cans of diet Coke and 13,104 cans of diet Pepsi during development.
• There were no less than 14 high rise buildings constructed within 3 blocks of Sucker Punch's offices during the inFAMOUS development cycle.
Here are a few more fun facts about inFAMOUS worth mentioning...
• inFAMOUS is the fastest demo to reach the 1 million milestone on the PlayStation Network.
• According to a recent NPD report, inFAMOUS was the fifth best-selling software title for the month of May after being on the shelves for only 6 days (the title launched on May 26).
We've also got a new video to share... check out this walk-through video (above) of the Titanic Beatdown mission with commentary from Sucker Punch Game Designer, Darren Bridges.
But wait, we still have one more fun fact to share with you all...
We're excited to announce that a new inFAMOUS space will be launching in Home very soon. We'll have a lot more details on the new space for you all next week, so please stay tuned!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!