235w ago - It appears that InFamous has set the standard for new IPs that are exclusive to the PS3 in the US.
Below are some stats, courtesy of VGChartz and NPD, as follows:
• InFamous (May, 2009) - 176K first week
• Resistance (Nov., 2006) - 42K first week
• Motorstorm (March, 2007) - 107K first week
• Warhawk (August, 2007) - 70K first week
• Lair (August, 2007) - 69K first week
• Heavenly Sword (Sept., 2007) - 75K first week
• Uncharted (Nov., 2007) - 32K first week
• Haze (May, 2008) - 91K first week
• LittleBigPlanet (October, 2008) - 110K first week
To quote: Of course, established IPs have sold quite a bit more in their first week. Metal Gear Solid 4 sold upwards of 400,000 units, while established first party IPs such as Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 both sold close to 300,000 units in their debut.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
A trailer before the opening weekend of Terminator Salvation, and there definitely were TV ads - I almost fell out of my chair when I saw one. No, Sony did a lot more promotion of this one than they usually do.
I'm glad inFamous is getting good sales, it deserves it. Hope it has legs...