121w ago - Today Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has revealed the upcoming PlayStation 3 bonus content and PS3 Trophies for ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection.
To quote: The release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, bundling two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, is right around the corner.
Back in July, we revealed that there will be some exciting bonus video content included on the disc, as well as a dynamic theme for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. Now that the videos are finished, I'm happy to give you a preview of what you'll be able to look forward to when the collection hits on September 27.
Right from your disc, you'll be able to enjoy these five exclusive bonus videos and go behind-the-scenes to learn more about these two classics and the visionaries that created them:
• Early concept and prototype video montage of ICO
• Early concept and prototype video montage of Shadow of the Colossus
• Initial concept video for NICO, a game that was never made but turned into Shadow of the Colossus, including an on-camera introduction from creator Fumito Ueda
• Candid 20+ minute round-table discussion between Fumito Ueda (creator), Kenji Kaido (producer) and Junichi Hosono (designer)
And last but not least, a 12-minute behind-the-scenes video filmed on location at the SCEI offices in Japan. This video features interviews with key production staff members about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian, as well as concept art and prototype footage of all the games, and exclusive never-before-seen footage of The Last Guardian.
In addition to full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, and 7.1 surround sound, this re-release also supports a full set of trophies for each game. Here is the full trophy list for both games to give you a taste of the challenges that await you when you set out on your adventure with ICO and Wander this September 27.
• Wander and the Colossus (Platinum)
• Valley Wanderer (Bronze)
• The Sloth (Bronze)
• Disturbed Sleep (Bronze)
• Path of Gravestones (Bronze)
• Aerial Dance (Bronze)
• Entombed Giant (Bronze)
• Waves of Thunder (Bronze)
• Wall Scaler (Bronze)
• Slumbering Caveman (Bronze)
• Unknown Tracks (Bronze)
• Guardian Unleashed (Bronze)
• Silent Thunder (Bronze)
• Signs in the Sky (Bronze)
• Shielded Guardian (Bronze)
• Valley of the Fallen (Bronze)
• Final Colossus (Bronze)
• The Forbidden (Silver)
• Wander and the Forbidden (Silver)
• Climber (Gold)
• Hang Glider (Bronze)
• Resistance (Silver)
• Collector (Silver)
• Meticulous Collector (Gold)
• Slippery Ride (Bronze)
• Agro Circus (Silver)
• Cornucopia (Gold)
• Tower of Prayer (Silver)
• Endangered Lizards (Gold)
• Stalwart Wander (Gold)
• Mighty Wander (Gold)
I have a special treat in store for ICO and SotC fans headed to PAX in a few weeks. Check back here on the blog for details as we get closer.
Until then, here's one more screenshot showing off the amazing detail in the modeling and textures that you'll get to enjoy, now that the games are in HD.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!