- Today Von Victor Zuylen
at Guerrilla Games has shared details on the upcoming Killzone 3 PS3 patch 1.12 which arrives next week on September 6, 2011.
Below are the details, to quote: On Tuesday, September 6, Guerrilla will release patch 1.12 for Killzone 3.
This patch introduces several community-requested changes to Killzone 3, including an adjustment to the Marksman's scramble ability, better turrets for the Engineer, and an option to switch off Sixaxis-only actions for players with disabilities.
Here is the full list of changes included with patch 1.12:
• Changed Marksman's scramble ability into an active ability - The marksman scramble ability now needs to be activated and deactivated via the d-pad, and has a cooldown period.
• Increased tracking response for engineer turrets - The turn speed of turrets has been increased, allowing them to track players more easily.
• Increased armor for engineer turrets (30%) - Turrets can still be destroyed by a single explosion from a grenade or missile launcher.
• Improved StA-2 Battle Pistol - Detonation time for the StA-2 Battle Pistol's grenade is shorter, and the damage it deals is more severe.
• Added realtime projector to MP15 Radec Academy - A realtime projector has been added to the theater room, projecting onto the large wall with two doors.
• Toned down overly enthusiastic death screams - Aieeeeaaargh!
• Increased mission points in Warzone - There is more of an incentive to go after mission objectives now.
• Doubled cooldown time on mortars - Cooldown time was increased from 30 to 60 seconds to avoid spamming the Search & Destroy mission area.
• Fixed tournaments not ending as soon as one clan leaves.
• Fixed clans being able to rejoin games that were already finished - Clans used these exploits to boost their game wins and climb the leaderboards.
• Reduced wait time at end of the round - The wait time was brought down from 60 to 45 seconds.
• Reduced pre-game wait time at end of the round - The wait time was brought down from 30 to 20 seconds.
• Added menu option to disable Sixaxis-only actions - Sixaxis-only actions can now be switched off in the menu, so players only have to press 'O' to start an action. This will make Killzone 3 more accessible to disabled players.
• Added map name to spawn screen - The map name can be seen in the top left, under the titles.