- Sony Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist Aaron Kaufman
revealed the new God of War: Ascension PlayStation 3 co-op weapons today as part of a fresh video below for fans!
To quote: The team at Sony Santa Monica has been working on an array of new Weapons, Armors, Maps, and more for your Champions.
Today, we're pleased to unveil a whole new set of Weapons made especially for executing brutal Co-op Moves. With more than 10 possible Co-op moves, these Mythological Heroes Weapons make an excellent addition to any arsenal. The new Co-op Weapons include:
• Spear of Achilles
• Hammer of Odysseus
• Sword of Orion
• Sword of Perseus
We've also added Mythological Heroes Armors, previously reserved for those who pre-ordered God of War: Ascension. These include the Armor of Achilles, Odysseus, Orion, and Perseus.
The Mythological Heroes Weapons are available now on the PlayStation Network Store, simply search for "God of War".
How do I use Co-op Weapons?
These weapons were designed to execute Co-op Moves easily to deliver heavy blows to your opponents. Here's how they work:
• Equip one of the four Co-op Weapons
• Enter any Multiplayer Mode for God of War: Ascension
• Execute either your L1 Triangle or L1 Square special attacks
• Upon special attack execution, a Green Halo will appear over your Champion's head
• Have a Teammate tether you when the Green Halo appears to begin the Co-op Move
Only one player has to have a Co-op Weapon equipped to perform a special Co-op Move, but feel free to have as many teammates equipped with them as you like. The more mayhem, the better.
A new way to test out Co-op Weapons is coming soon... Until then, follow @SonySantaMonica
on Twitter and stay tuned to www.godofwar.com
for updates and more.