- In a post on the official PlayStation Blog linked above, Criterion Games designer Simon Phillips
confirmed that Burnout Paradise will support PS3's upcoming achievement-like trophy system in a future update after Cagney hits on July 10.
Reassuringly, Phillips clarified that trophy support in Paradise will indeed be retroactive, due to the fact that saves for the title are locked specifically to a single PSN ID.
Any progress you've made in the game will be reflected in your trophy list as soon as the update goes live.
To quote: We're about to hit the third FREE update on July 10th (Codenamed 'Cagney') The first update (1.1) was a bunch of quick fixes and improvements, the second (Codenamed 'Bogart') had more minor improvements and tweaks.
If you're logged into PlayStation Network and you boot up Burnout Paradise, it will automatically download any updates that are out there. To test if you have them all today - just load up the game and go into an online game.
Codename: Cagney is an entirely new thing though - a free pack full of game changing content, that sets the precedent for future updates: new game modes, vehicles and a new Live Page that will show you details of upcoming calendar events and news from http://www.criteriongames.com.
Here's what we can say about the details:
* Trophies will be retroactive, so, if you've achieved something today, the day the update arrives (not Cagney, we want to emphasise) that will be reflected in your Trophies.
* Your Burnout Paradise save game has always been locked to your PSN id - so there's never been any chance of trading save games - your progress is your progress (we have a way of thinking ahead for this kind of stuff!)
* The Save Game Analyser works with a special export file that is exported when you do a manual save from the game, not your encrypted save game file - so there's no chance that anyone could hack that
* That's as much as we can reveal right now - if you know us and our site, we'll let you know as soon as we are confident to do so
What progress you have made in your game now will reflect in your PlayStation Trophies when the update (not Cagney, though) comes along.