- EA Community Manager Dan Mitre
announced that Battlefield 4 Naval Strike is out today for Premium Members with details below.
To quote: Starting today, PlayStation owners who are Battlefield 4 Premium members can experience the ultimate sea-to-sea warfare on PS3 and PS4. Battlefield 4 Naval Strike, the third expansion pack, takes the intense and dramatic water-based combat introduced in Battlefield 4 to four all-new maps set in the South China Sea.
• Lost Islands: Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across these tropical islands.
• Wave Breaker: Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on this massive map.
• Nansha Strike: Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet.
• Operation Mortar: Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in this map.
Battlefield 4 Naval Strike also lets you re-live the classic Titan Mode of Battlefield 2142, with the new Carrier Assault game mode. Your objective is to destroy the enemy team's carrier before they infiltrate and destroy yours.
You start out fighting a big-scale war with sea, land, and air vehicles controlling the map, and then everything evolves into an infantry-focused, close-quarters fight inside both carriers at the same time! Lean more about Carrier Assault in this [Register or Login to view links]
Water-based combat has always been a vital part of the all-out war in Battlefield, and with the introduction of the amphibious hovercraft vehicle, your possibilities to dominate the sea will be even greater. Additionally, you can wreak havoc with five new weapons, two additional gadgets, and ten assignments.
Battlefield 4 Naval Strike will be available starting April 8th for non-Premium members. We hope you'll enjoy the new maps immensely, whether you're trying out the new Carrier Assault mode or piloting the new hovercraft.