- Online retailer Amazon.com has now instituted a purchase limit policy
for PlayStation 3 Slim consoles, allowing just ONE per household or you could risk getting your account closed.
To quote: PlayStation 3 120 GB Purchase Policy
As you may know, the PlayStation 3 120 GB is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase PlayStation 3 120 GB, we are limiting the total number of PlayStation 3 120 GB units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase one PlayStation 3 120 GB unit.
Failure to comply with this policy will result in account actions including, but not limited to:
• Cancellation of all outstanding orders, including PlayStation 3 120 GB orders and other orders.
• Closure of the offending customer account and related accounts, including:
• The customer account used for making purchases and selling items on Amazon.com Seller accounts
• Any international accounts at Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp
• The Your Media Library account area, including any digital products you may have purchased
• Any Amazon.com Associates account or Advantage account attached to the closed account
When an account is closed, access to any Amazon Wish List, Baby or Wedding Registry, or profile pages is lost. Any purchase history, saved gifts in Gift Central, and digital products in Your Media Library will not be accessible. Additionally, any outstanding Amazon.com gift certificate or check funds balance will be unavailable.