- As if having to download patches at all isn't bad enough, there's nothing worse than downloading one only to have it break your game further. That's what a lot of PS3 Madden fans are complaining about, according to SportsGamer, as EA's recent patch for Madden 08 caused discs not to load at all.
In a post on the Madden forums
, EA says they resolved the issue, but gamers who already downloaded the broken patch first need to uninstall it before they can download the patch that actually works. The steps to do so are listed on their support page
, and also follow:
1. Press the PS button on the controller and select QUIT.
2. In the main screen of the XMB (XrossMediaBar) user interface, select Game.
3. Highlight the Game Data Utility folder and press the X button.
4. Highlight the Madden NFL 08 file and press the Triangle button.
5. Delete the file.
6. Restart the game.
Unfortunately, in the midst of the chaos there never seemed to be any explanation of what the patch fixed in the first place.