Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

X-Box 360 DVD Drive Comparison

Sponsored Links
    Attached below are some high quality pictures from an anonymous (but trustworthy) source of the three sets of DVD drives found in the X-Box 360, we have the Hitachi, Samsung-Toshiba, and what we believe to be the newly released Phillips drive. From the pictures below, you can now easily determine which one you have!
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

allthreedvdsf360.jpg   hitachif360.jpg   sammytoshf360.jpg   phillipsf360.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Order?

Sponsored Links
    I have the one on the very end on the right but have no clue if it is the samsung or the toshiba as there is no order from left to right. Does anyone know which is which?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The drive on the far right in the first pic is the Toshiba-Samsung (its a single drive).

In order (first pic) its the Phillips, Hitachi-LG and Samsung-Toshiba.

Which version of hitachi drive

How do you know which version of the Hitachi drive is installed in your 360? I see that there are firmwares patches for various model number of Hitachi drives. Is there also more than 1 version of the Toshiba?

thanks

There is only 1 known version for the Toshiba-Samsung and Phillips. There is also NO WAY to know what of the 7 versions of the Hitachi-LG drive you have without opening your case and looking at the sticker. Sucks for sure!

in any event you'd need to open the 360 regardless of what drive you had in order to flash the drive. Probably best to have to hand all the firmwares for all LG drives before u open the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Abda92 View Post
    which of the dvd drives is better (lifetime, speed, and scratching disks)? and does a new dvd drive (philips) mean a new xbox 360 version?
    My sammy drive has had no problems at all. It runs smooth as can be and plays back ups perfectly when burned correctly.

As far as a new 360 version not for the phillips but there is rumoured to be a new version of the 360 in the works with a HDMI port.

Me too! Sammy drive works perfect!! Using
    xtreme 5.2c.

In the first picture, the photo with the 3 drives... I have the drive in the middle is that the hitachi-lg ?

if not which one is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhen View Post
    In the first picture, the photo with the 3 drives... I have the drive in the middle is that the hitachi-lg ?

if not which one is that?
    you are correct sir!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News