Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Cool The Wii Homebrew Game Thread

Sponsored Links
    Hey everyone Just wanted to keep the easy searching going.

This is The Wii Homebrew game Thread A place to find your favorite wii Homebrew game Enjoy.

Sponsored Links

Wolfenstein 3D Wii v1.00a Released

Sponsored Links
    MrPeanut has released a "demo" version of his remake of the Wolfenstein 3D engine for the Nintendo Wii. It comes with the "shareware" version of the game's data files which allows you to fight those evil Nazi's in the first campaign. The gameplay is smooth and mimics the original. If you're a fan of the FPS that started a revolution then you should check this out and get your old copy of Wolf3D ready.

Information about the release:

1) Based on Wolf4SDL v.1.6
    2) Everything works w/ the exception of music and adlib (synthesized sound), your regular sound (gun shots, opening doors) work.
    3) Just noticed now right before I started writing: saving games work, loading doesn't... I'll fix that soon...
    4) I don't know what else needs to be fixed so I'm letting everyone test, pm or talk to me on irc if you have any suggestions...
    5) Due to the nature of the engine, it can only be compiled for one version of the data files at a time, so I'm posting the engine along with the shareware files since that's what it's compiled for at the moment. I eventually want to write a loader for each version of have the engine decide dynamically how to load the data files but that's for another day.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

wolf3d_wii_1.jpg   wolf3d_wii_2.jpg   wolf3d_wii_3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Cubiic v0.1a2 Released

Sponsored Links
    Koopa has released a new version of his Rubik's Cube homebrew game for the Nintendo Wii. If you've never played with a Rubik's Cube that means you're probably very young and never had the pleasure of playing with classic toys - instead, you're stuck in a digital world where board games and puzzle's like the Rubik's Cube are dull "old" things to you. That doesn't mean trying to get all of the colors on each side correct can't be a fun experience. So why not give it a try on the Wii?

rubiks_cube_wii.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Q1Rev Released

Sponsored Links
    tzhido has released a new homebrew game engine port of Quake 1 for the Nintendo Wii. I'm not too sure why he released his own engine when there is one that is working perfectly already out, but I guess two different versions can't hurt - right?

A port of id Software's Quake for the Nintendo Wii.

The source code comes from Q1DS (an initial attempt to port the engine to the Nintendo DS), which, in turn, comes from the original winquake, one of the projects that can be obtained at [Register or Login to view links] .

The engine is feature-complete, it plays the game at 30fps with no hiccups or any similar problems. It can also be used as a client for Internet-based gameplay, as a "unmodified" NetQuake client.

For more information, visit [Register or Login to view links]

Piko's QuakeGX network patch released, needs help with Quake

This is a port of Quake to the Wii based on the GC Quake port by Peter Mackay.

Code:
    Contents

* 1 Instructions
        * 2 Release Notes
        * 3 Controls
              o 3.1 In Game (by default)
              o 3.2 In Menu
              o 3.3 On-screen Keyboard
        * 4 Piko's Network Patch

Instructions

* Extract the downloaded file into the root of your SD card.
        * If you don't own the full version, the shareware version with PAK0.PAK is available here. If you own the full version, the PAK files are inside Quake's ID1 folder on your computer.
        * Copy the PAK0.PAK (and PAK1.PAK if you own the full version) file to /apps/quake/ID1 on your SD card.
        * The game should appear on the Homebrew Channel menu. 

Release Notes

GX 0.04

* Support for Mods and Mission Packs. Some of them may cause out of memory errors for now.
        * Transparent status bar (adjustable)
        * Variable 2D resolution
        * Weapon rotation with the Wiimote (now you can change the yaw, pitch and roll of your weapon)
        * A new menu for adjusting new features
        * Various bugfixes 

GX 0.03

* Simple on-screen keyboard
        * View locking so that you can aim freely without turning
        * TV overscan adjustment working for the GX build
        * Simple, ugly brightness control 

GX 0.02

* Shouldn't freeze - ever.
        * Pressing 1 (or Z in the gamecube controller) shows scores
        * Power button now works (forgot about it :P)
        * Model bounding box fixes (no more dissapearing models)
        * HBC-ready
        * Command line easy to manage - still needs a frontend for the end user, though. 

GX 0.01

* Hardware graphics acceleration fully functional to glquake original specs.
        * A flaw is that you have to disconnect and reconnect the nunchuk when the game loads
        * If you have the software rendering installed on your sd card, please delete ID1/CONFIG.CFG before playing this version OR restore the default settings using the Options Menu. This is necessary because the Wiimote button mapping has changed.
        * Still has one bug, may hang after several levels played. Please save often and don't play dozens of levels in one sit. If any split-second hang occurs, it's sign that it may freeze completely soon. I recommend saving your progress and exiting to the loader, then reloading the game. 

Controls
    In Game (by default)
    GameCube Controller 	Wiimote + Nunchuck 	Action
    GameCube Control Stick 	Nunchuck Control Stick 	Move around
    GameCube R Trigger 	Wiimote B Button 	Attack
    Gamecube A Button 	Wiimote A Button 	Jump
    Gamecube B Button 	Nunchuck C Button 	Run/Walk
    GameCube L Trigger 	Nunchuck Z Button 	Lock view
    Gamecube D-Pad Left or Gamecube Y Button 	Wiimote D-Pad Left 	Previous Weapon
    Gamecube D-Pad Right or Gamecube X Button 	Wiimote D-Pad Right 	Next Weapon
    Gamecube D-Pad Up 	Wiimote D-Pad Up 	Swim Up
    Gamecube D-Pad Down 	Wiimote D-Pad Down 	Swim Down
    GameCube Z Button 	Wiimote 1 Button 	Show Scores
    GameCube START Button 	Wiimote + Button 	Pause/Menu
    In Menu
    GameCube Controller 	Wiimote + Nunchuck 	Action
    Gamecube A Button 	Wiimote A Button 	Select
    Gamecube B Button 	Wiimote B Button 	Back
    On-screen Keyboard
    Wiimote + Nunchuck 	Action
    Wiimote A Button 	Activate OSK
    Nunchuck Z Button 	Shift
    Wiimote B Button 	Select
    Piko's Network Patch

If someone could compile my code on their system, and then test to see if they can get the nun-chuck to work correctly. I think something is wrong with my devkits, and is causing this problem. I can't even get the nun-chucks working when I build vanilla QuakeGX version 0.04.

Thanks to Q1REV I have been able to patch in thier changes to QuakeGX to get client abilities. All you have to do is set enable network to "yes", and then scan you local network. All I did was hack this in the real credit goes to Izhido for his network code.

Only bug is QuakeGX doesn't bother to load the player skin, because up until now, you would have never seen the player. So the player model is textured in the first texture the level loaded. I should be able to fix this very soon.

-Piko

thank you

yo.. i loved this game when i was younger

Wolfenstein 3D Wii v1.1a Released

MrPeanut has released a new version of his port of the Wolfenstein 3D engine to the Nintendo Wii. Using this port with the original data files from either Wolenstein 3D or the Spear of Destiny you can enjoy the classic FPS franchise that started a revolution in gaming.
    Code:
    What's New?

1) Save/Load bug is fixed.
    2) icon.png by Kezza826 added.
    3) If you have the full versions of the data files, download the file marked "(full)." This will allow you to play all 6 episodes. Like I said I'd like to implement a loader in the near future, or just ONE engine but since we can now save/load our games I figured I'd just compile the full version as well for now.
    4) If you have the Spear of Destiny *.SOD files, you can now play Spear of Destiny on your Wii. Just download the Spear of Destiny archive from the drop and install. Note: The data files are not included for Spear of Destiny and the "(full)" Wolfenstein 3D file.
    5) mustgowhee has pointed out an issue where you go back to the game from the main menu, your status bar will not display correctly. This is now fixed. Thank you for bringing that to my attention mustgowhee.
    6) If you hold the b button on your wiimote, turning turns to strafe. Try it out and let me know what you think. Like I said I DO want to do two different control sets: classic and modern with classic being what we have now, and modern being wiimote/nunchuk.

wolf3d_wii_2.jpg  

Super Mario War Wii v1.0 Released

Tantric has released an initial version of his port of Super Mario War a Super Mario multiplayer game. The goal is to stomp as many other Marios as possible to win the game. It's a tribute to Nintendo and the game Mario War by Samuele Poletto.
    This is a port of Super Mario War to the Wii, using SDL Wii ([Register or Login to view links]). It should be fully functional (with the exception of netplay - which requires someone (hint) to port SDL_Net). To make this port possible, I've had to rewrite significant portions of SDL Wii, particularly a complete re-write of the file, video, and sound systems. However, I'm hoping this work will encourage other developers to port more SDL-based games and applications to the Wii.

super_mario_war_wii.jpg  

Wink

Cool, maybe we'll get some more SDL wii apps in the future.

When I first saw the title, I was confused. I never thought that nintendo would ever make such a game.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News