Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

wifi with mem stick loading?

Sponsored Links
    does wifi work when you load an iso from the memstick? i loaded wipeout-nonumd, but when i try to go to the browser/download option nothing happens when i press ok, does this work with any game right now?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I got a few games and all of them will NOT work with WiFi

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    now one more reason for that iso loader

Big Grin It Works

I've tried both Lumines and Ape Escape with a friend using the "no UMD" loaders and no luck. But with Coded Arms "Any UMD" loader I noticed the WiFi light was on when i tried multiplayer. Sure enough my friend and I tried it out and it worked!!! Could it be that loaders that require you to have the UMD in the drive trigger WiFi to be capable somehow? If so, lets get some more "Any UMD" loaders and try these out! Might be a coincidence with Coded Arms but hey its worth a shot!

But we are talking about infrastructure mode, so its different. NBA also freezes, why could that be?
    I dont think the ISOloader would help, why doesnt it load if the code isnt changed a lot? Maybe it you could connect, the PSP could get blocked?

Wifi light flashes on Ape Escape though for me. Did you have a UMD in when playing it?

Hmm... using both WAB and "ANY UMD" loaders for Ape Escape I didn't even get a flash of the Wifi working at all... in fact every time I go to the screen after the multiplayer game selection it doesn't let me return and i have to restart the game. What loader did you use Jules?

Quote Originally Posted by teedster
    Hmm... using both WAB and "ANY UMD" loaders for Ape Escape I didn't even get a flash of the Wifi working at all... in fact every time I go to the screen after the multiplayer game selection it doesn't let me return and i have to restart the game. What loader did you use Jules?
    Not sure which one it is, but it came with the Ape Escape Ripped on The Pirate Bay. (Think it may be WAB 2.5b) although I can't get it to even launch on the multiloader.

Its a shame that I don't know any PSP users to test this with, and Kai doesn't work on my laptop =P

The Wipeout OK button doesn't work for me either, but I still get flashes of WiFi on the multiplayer section.

NBA: Internet Play AND AdHoc crashes, damn.

same here nin, it seems that since it's a no umd launcher that it really doesnt work except for the any umd lauchers(yet to be released for wipeout pure)

Ape Escape Rip Works

NICE JULES! I got the Ape Escape Rip and noticed the wifi flashing also so we tried playing multiplayer and it worked!!! No UMD was needed in the drive too So apparently UMDs aren't needed to play wifi off of the memory stick it must be something else...

Apparently the ripped version of Ape Escape has something modified to be able to run Wifi because my Full 700MB+ didn't connect or show any signs of the Wifi light flashing. Also with Wipeout Pure I couldn't get any connectivity.

Games Tested Not Working With Wifi:
    Ape Escape FULL
    Wipeout Pure

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News