Whats the UPDATE folder in Coded Arms for??

I am just looking through various ISOs trying to learn how this all works.

I have noticed in that in 'Coded Arms', under the x:\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR folder, there is an UPDATE directory which containts a BOOT and DATA file?

I am a little paraniod about something upgrading my Firmware and wonder if this is some kind of 'updater' built into the original game.

Since no other game appears to have this UPDATE directory, can it be deleted?

Jon

I bought coded arms yesterday. It comes prepacked with the 1.50 update software, which it requires to run. If you do not have the firmware, you can pop the coded arms umd in. Under the game heading there are now 2 icons represented as UMD's. the first is the game launch icon. the second is the update launch icon. in order to install the update, you must click on the update program to tell it to update. If you have a 1.0 japanese model, there is a program on the site news page here that will bypass the update check in the game.

So it is still your 'choice' whether you update or not. You have to tell your PSP to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by t3m3st
    So it is still your 'choice' whether you update or not. You have to tell your PSP to do it.
    is this true for all games?

Quote Originally Posted by big0brother
    Yes, there have been no reports of games that automatically update your PSP's firmware version. You must manually launch the Firmware Update from the UMD.

Keep in mind that the games have a firmware check, though, and refuse to run if your PSP is running an earlier firmware version than the one included.

Quote Originally Posted by big0brother
    So far, and probobly will hold true because if something happens to your psp because $ony didnt allow you to "choose" to update, their butts are responsible for their accidental brickware.