Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

What do I do with the UMD_DATA.BIN file?

Sponsored Links
    My PSP is on the way, so I am getting some games ready to go on the memory stick. I think I understand how it all works, but have noticed that inside most 'original' ISO's there is a UMD_DATA.BIN file which is at root.

Assuming that I have multiple games on the stick, what do I do with the UMD_DATA.BIN file? I clearly can't have one for each game, as they have the same file name.. Do I just use one??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so the UMD_DATA.BIN file may be overwritten or not even present? what about the prx files. if u have more than one game on a mem stick, some prx files may overlap? do you just overwrite that too? thank you

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    c4dmdn, cyanide, ninkul, THANK YOU for your replies! that completely answers my question. appreciate it!

i just tried what had been suggested when attempting to place more than 1 game on a memory stick: no need for using the UMD_DATA.BIN file and overwriting any prx files that already exist. after doing so (i only chose to overwrite prx files when the one to be overwritten was dated older), the one game that had been working (nba) then no longer had sound, but otherwise ran fine. would anybody have any idea why this occured? thank you very much

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News