Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Videos: PlayStation Vita PS3 Remote Play Gaming Demos via CFW?

Sponsored Links
    This weekend Spanish user homer49 has posted some videos on YouTube of PlayStation Vita allegedly running several games via Remote Play with PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) 3.55 and 3.41.

Titles demonstrated below include Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Alice: Madness Returns, and Mortal Kombat supposedly running on the PS Vita handheld console.

To quote from PlayStationLifeStyle.net (linked above): Another element of intrigue also comes in at the 1:53 mark of the Batman: Arkham Asylum video, which appears to show how the PS3's controls are mapped to the Vita's inputs.

He did leave an unclear, cryptic message at the beginning of the Alice video in response to claims that his videos are fake, which makes no sense even when translated:

Is it remote play? Obviously, yes. Is it fake? Did you have a dream? That maybe it was so real you couldn't distinguish it from reality. And if you couldn't wake up from this dream, how would you know if you're not dreaming? One more time, Sony does not tell the truth.

How to Remote Play PlayStation 3 PS Vita, and play any PS3 game. You will need:
    • PS3 CFW 3.55 or 3.41
    • Multiman installed (eg)
    • Register PS Vita PS3 mobile phone.

Finally, some pictures are also available of the process for those interested!

Videos: PlayStation Vita PS3 Remote Play Gaming Demos via CFW?

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Seems legit enough, but it would be nice if it was confirmed by some other sources.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Haha i don't wanna to show this but it's possible to use remote play PS Vita on a 3.55CFW/3.41 (don't want to show because it doesn't works good)

the astuce is to register the PS Vita as a mobile phone (but the quality of the remote play is not good) Sony release the 4.0 to up the resolution and add the PS Vita register mode actually with this method you use the resolution of the PSP remote play

To play some games in remote play, you just patch the eboot and active remote play PSP

But it's so worst, i mean it's too blury than you don't see anything, it's difficult to play.

Also have a better way to add support of the PS Vita (you need to add a new entry on the xml and port the new sprx on 3.55/3.41 to be load, libmtp/mtpiniator/libusb)

Even if you patch the games add support remote play PSP, sometimes it doesn't works and for almost all the games, you need to patch completely the games to have a better support of the remote play.

I can confirm this HeyManHRU but with a so worst quality of picture

By the way, remote play = streaming, add the PS Vita as a mobile phone works but the bandwidth allowed on this mode that use the similar one from the PSP Remote play mod, it's so light for a PS Vita and not enough remember that the PS Vita have a OLED screen 2x the resolution of the PS Vita, imagine how worst it was to use the remote play on the PSP (big laggy, blurry details, etc...) it was difficult to play.. now imagine this mode used on the PS Vita (it works yes but to hurt your eyes and you don't have any fun to play like that)

Like i said the release of 4.0 was here for that, to give more bandwidth allowed and up the resolution of this one.

Every games can be compatible remote play PS Vita but it's hope to Sony to add more features to give the best quality for that and also the dev to patch the games.
    Last edited by Nabnab; 01-21-2012 at 08:46 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think it would be nice too because GT5 in Vita is

it should be legit, premo_plugin.sprx etc. have "VITA" within their strings...

so its possible that its working... the pairing after all is same as pc/mobile phone/psp !

I do not understand the meaning of this ? the same thing 3 years ago it was possible to do with the ps3 and psp any configuration .... I had played well in Dead Space 2, Infamous 2, Killzone 3 and God of War 3 - on my psp 1000...

"One more time, Sony does not tell the truth."

Good stuff

Quite cool Agree about quality, but it's a start.

more games i've tested for pc:

note: running them straight from bluray disc, didnt work...had to copy them to hdd in order to set remoteplay flag...

wipeout hd fury (sfo patch)
    wet (sfo patch)
    king of fighters xii (sfo patch)
    Forbidden Siren: Bloodcurse (sfo patch)
    Silent Hill Homecoming (sfo patch)
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursiut (sfo patch)
    Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 (sfo patch)
    Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (sfo patch)
    Mini Ninjas (sfo patch)
    dead space2 (sfo patch)
    battle fantasia (sfo patch)
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

remoteplay.png  

three years ago it was obviously not possible to use the vita to remote play ps3 games on a ps3 with custom firmware as the vita wasn't released yet. however since the vita has been released it has been noted that the hardware and capabilities are different from the psp. therefore this is good news since apparently the new playstation handheld can be used to remote play games on a ps3 with cfw.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News