Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm afraid you're mistaken, this is the PS Vita not the PSP. This is the first time someone shows us in a video that a CFW PS3 can run on a PS Vita via Remote Play.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was working on a port of the PS Vita drivers from the firmware 4.0 to take more control of this one on a CFW, also it's one of the possible best access to exploit the PS Vita (more about it later)

i put on standby some of my works until the release of PS Vita EU/US and have some problem right now, i have 2 PS3 Ylod that can't help a lot.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So we will wait your posts happily

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    three years ago it was obviously not possible to use the vita to remote play ps3 games on a ps3 with custom firmware as the vita wasn't released yet. however since the vita has been released it has been noted that the hardware and capabilities are different from the psp. therefore this is good news since apparently the new playstation handheld can be used to remote play games on a ps3 with cfw.
    Both you and HeyManHRU are missing the point here - this is NOTHING new - it works exactly the same way as PSP Remote play - also using the same low quality - so the fact it's running on Vita is in no way "surprise" as current Remote Play on Vita works exactly the same way (and with exactly the same games) as PSP, there is no difference in quality or list of the supported games, the only thing "added" by current 4.00 FW is that you can actually register Vita directly with PS3, nothing more, nothing less.

I repeat - the current remote play is the same as on PSP (with the only one small "addition" - that you have extra mapping options for controlls like using back touch pad for L2 / R2 or mapping the right analogue stick as well, but apart of that, no new games, no high res picture etc.)

Well remote play is obviously nothing new, but Sony indicated that you will need to update to 4.00 firmware to use remote play with your PS Vita. So this guy showing us the PS Vita working on a 3.55 CFW PS3 via remote play is something new. At least for me it is.

Discussion: Buying a Vita for 3.55 Ps3 Remote Play

Sup guys,

So I was one of the lucky ones and have a 3.55 60gb launch model. Its got kmeaw on it. I've seen a lot of of videos of remote play in action and it looks quits good.

Here's a youtube video with Battlefield 3 in action

Your thoughts ?

Running PSP Games on PlayStation Vita with a PS3 is Revealed

Following up on our previous article demonstrating several PS3 games running on PS Vita through Remote Play, this weekend CNET (linked above) reports on how to get many PSP games (that [Register or Login to view links] on PSN yet) to run on the PlayStation Vita handheld as well.

Below are the details, to quote: "Sony says the list of backward-compatible games will continue to grow, but why wait? There are actually plenty of other PSP games you can play on your PS Vita right now, but you'll need a PS3 to make it happen. They may not be listed on Sony's backward-compatibility list, but they certainly work.

So, here's the trick, which has been discussed on many message boards: while you can browse the PS Store to see what older downloadable PSP content is available for purchase or redownload, you're not getting the full picture of the whole PSP catalog. Instead, browse your download list via Transaction Management on your PSN account on the PlayStation 3, and download any PSP games. The PS3 will store PSP games and allow a PSP- or, a Vita- to sync the content.

Connect your PS Vita to the PS3 via USB cable (half of the AC charging kit that came with the system) and launch the Content Manager app. Select the "Connect to a PS3 System" option, and select "Copy from PS3 to Vita." You can browse all PSP-related save content. At this point, any PSP games that can be transferred show up in a list. Select them, copy the files, and you'll have your PSP games on your Vita.

So far, I've done this to transfer two of my favorite games: Echochrome and Flow. According to message boards, many more games are transferable, but the only officially supported games are those that show up in the PS Store, and are listed in the official Sony blog post above. Of course, there's a good chance that these other games will officially appear in the PS Store sooner or later."

Finally, in related news here is how to earn PS Vita trophies with used PlayStation Vita games via pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/PlayStation+Vita/feature.asp?c=38334, to quote:
    • Insert used game card in Vita's slot
    • Go to the main menu and hold down the screen for two seconds, until little bubbles appear on the upper-right side of each game's icon. Hit the bubble you want and click "Delete." A screen reading "All data related to this application will be deleted" will pop up. Hit "OK."
    • Load the game and...voila! You can ear trophies now.

More PlayStation 3 News...

He fools you guys to sell more vita/ps3 console, don't be stupid of any hopes (cfw, homebrew), i've read his mind...

This doesn't work with CFW 3.55.

obviously it doesn't work on 3.55, 3.55 has no ps vita integration whatsoever. also, this only works with certain titles. it does /not/ work with modnation racers.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News