Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: PSX Games Running on PS Vita Exploit Hack Demo

Sponsored Links
    Last week we reported on how the PlayStation Suite SDK allows NES emulation on PS Vita, and today PlayStation Vita homebrew developer wololo reports that PSX games are now running PS Vita through an exploit hack as demonstrated in the video below.

To quote: A few weeks ago, an anonymous hacker released a dump of the flash0 from the PSP emulator running on the PS Vita. Although it brought nothing new for the end user, it was a verifiable proof that this hacker has access to a kernel exploit running on the PSP emulator.

This week, the same dev apparently got PS1 games to run on the Vita, as shown in the video below (thanks to the Z)

For those who wonder, I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the video, I wouldn’t see any good reason for a guy who has proven he has a kernel PSP exploit to then produce a fake.

It is important to clarify that our forum member the Z is in contact with this anonymous developer, but they are (AFAIK) not the same person. I tried to contact the developer through the Z, but sadly, he rejected my offer for an interview, as I am craving for details. The offer still stands, if he reads me

The developer says he will release his files if he manages to get sound to work on his hack. Without much details, I can only assume he has been porting popsloader to the PSP emulator of the vita. For somebody with good experience working on the PSP (especially HENs or CFW) this sounds like a doable task.

This comes at a time where Sony is struggling to get PS1 classic games support to the Vita, despite this being one of the major requests players have been sending to the company. It wouldn’t be the first time hackers handle things better than Sony on one of their consoles (to be honest hackers usually don’t have to deal with contractual constraints though).

But don’t jump of joy yet. Although the anonymous dev said he would release his files, they will be useless without the associated Kernel exploit. When contacted through the Z, the dev confirmed he would not release the exploit itself, as he, like many other hackers who have access to those exploits, knows there are not enough of them.

Until then, the only way to run unsigned content on your Vita is still VHBL.

Finally, from [Register or Login to view links] roughly translated:

The PlayStation Vita had to launch their very possibility Vita PS and PSP games (from the PSN) play, but went the Playstation 1 classic yet.

Later still came to support for PSP/PS3 MiniS, so that almost everything could be played, which was then on the PlayStation Portable was, however, remains to this day the PS1 support (officially) out.

The anonymous developer, which already by the dump of the PSP emulator Flash0s, reports we have demonstrated is that he is familiar with the matter of the PS Vita, it has now made ​​it even that PlayStation can a classic be reproduced, which he thus the Sony PS Vita official firmware is a step advance!

Currently, the PS1 classics still have no sound, but they can be played smoothly and free-fall, so that one can enjoy the PS1 games coming soon in full scale will be possible, provided one has access to a savegame exploit.

His complete works would not release the developer (yet), but he is once he has resolved any problems with the POPS, publish the relevant code so that other developers that code on their PSP emulator kernel mode can customize exploit.

Another time the scene of the world, and Sony has shown what is possible with a little effort and expense. The fact that a single developer to play PS1 games, especially under difficult conditions, can perform shows once again that Sony had long since the PS1 can add support, it has still not done.

Video: PSX Games Running on PS Vita Exploit Hack Demo

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sweet, sony don't want psx games on vita, fine we'll do it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nice... hope it'll work with vhbl or something

Other than psx game, I wish vita could play ps2 game, since there are many rpg I still not played..

[-_-]

Epicness. Might have to invest in a vita before it's too late

Nice news indeed to see this being done on the PS Vita as i am looking at this unit for a bit now, but not sure on how the hacking was going till now.. thanks for info.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News