Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: PSP Go Hacked, Hello Go - Universal PSP Hello World

Sponsored Links
    Update: A second video is now available below as well!

Today Freeplay has released a video which appears to demonstrate Sony's new PSP Go hacked, showing a 'Hello Go' Universal PSP Hello World screen.

Although he doesn't specifically state which game was used, there are apparently several known user mode exploits... but as always, obtaining a kernel mode exploit proves more challenging.

At the end of the video he states that he has no plans to release the PSP exploit, likely because Sony could then easily patch it as they would just need to update the corresponding PKG file on their servers.

To quote from the video's caption: "Just in case anyone doubted that the exploit was real... here's a Hello World running on a PSP Go. It will work on any firmware and any PSP hardware version. No, you can't have it :D"

"Yes, there are unreleased PSP exploits out there for various games. Yes, they still work, even on the PSP Go.

No, I didn't discover this exploit. It's been floating around for a while; it was just never used.

NO, I *DO NOT* plan on sharing any useful details about this. I want to see how long this will fester before Sony finally figures out how to fix it. That means I won't be sharing the files or even naming the game I used to do it.

Yes, it works on all systems and all firmwares.

No, it's not going to lead to custom firmware, piracy, or a Pandora for the Go. It can't write to the flash at all. It's user-mode only.

Oh, and if you think this is a hoax... look at the video, and notice the version.txt file from OFW 6.10."

Check out the videos below!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    now I wish they would hack the ps3!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow, so impressive! Congratulations.

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    Simply wonderful and funny !

And we recently know sony make serious security investigation for firmware !

Let me laugh !

Congratulation for the hacker and I hope find a new custom firmware if it's possible

Banned User
    Yeah, but if your not going to do anything with it then why mention it at all

Quote Originally Posted by IHM View Post
    Yeah, but if your not going to do anything with it then why mention it at all
    It's just a Proof of concept.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News