Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PSP Firmware 6.20 Kernel Exploit Found, TN (HEN) Demo

Sponsored Links
    This weekend Total_Noob at PSPKing.de (linked above) has shared news of a PSP Firmware 6.20 kernel exploit recently found via reverse-engineering Rebootex alongside a few video demos including a peek at TN (HEN).

To quote, roughly translated:

"As the title suggests, I work at 6:20 TN (HEN). I have long found a kernel exploit, but never made it. Yesterday I started with programming and I come forward very quickly."

Those interested can check out the video footage below!

"I told you, it's not fake, here is a video where I show you my spoofed version and mac. when the screen is flashing purple, it means systemctrl is loaded. This time I use a better cam :D."

"The screen lights at the end of purple, which means that Rebootex was executed."

Video: PSP Firmware 6.20 Kernel Exploit Found, TN (HEN) Demo

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry. I'm kinda a noob on the psp scene. So does this mean that we could run CFW on psp's with OFW 6.20. All i know is that isnt possible right now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Possibly. With this, they could progress to making CFW possible on OFW 6.20.

Let's just hope Sony's too busy with all their lawsuits to patch it.

Banned User
    a HEN is "Homebrew ENabler" but as it's a kernel exploit it should run backups hopefully and just about all homebrew.

I am not a PSP guy, so excuse my ignorance! Is this valid for PSP GO?

Finally. Hopefully this means I can finally get our favorite homebrew running on the wife's 3001.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by mat989 View Post
    I am not a PSP guy, so excuse my ignorance! Is this valid for PSP GO?
    It should be. Let's just hope it is when it gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Koneesha View Post
    Sorry. I'm kinda a noob on the psp scene. So does this mean that we could run CFW on psp's with OFW 6.20. All i know is that isnt possible right now.
    yes -- in the same fashion it was done with 5.03 TA-088v3's.

custom firmware is done in the RAM, so whenever the PSP crashes or is "shut down" (not sleep mode) then you must go thru the Patapon 2 Demo & HBL again.

unless Sony found this exploit before releasing 6.30 or 6.31 (which they most likely did not), then it should work on those firmwares too, but very few people can get to HBL on those firmwares because you must have bought the exploitable game(s) from the PSN (for the PSPgo) before it was taken down and patched, and/or own the UMD for the exploitable game(s) (for psp TA-088v3 or newer running 6.30+)

Your wrong there mate. Custom Firmware is actually Flashed to the Device and ran on boot-up and does not get lost if the machine gets Fully Shutdown.

This Exploit using the Patapon 2 Demo of course does indeed reside in Memory until the machine is fully shut off. Just to stop any confusion.

PSP and PS3 scene are growing really fast, $ony will lose sooner or later.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News