Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

"PS Minis (Free) - Jewel K. Easter Island & Urbanix / Urbanix (PSP Minis) PKG" - is actually a PKG files.

What about installing them on 4.20 DEX and then transferring to Vita?

*EDIT* DEX won't install these PKGs, maybe we need to repack them

What about people stuck on 3.55cfw without the transferring option?

Is there a way to pass this pkg into the Vita and install it from there?

DEX cannot handle these pkgs because they are Retail signed.
    PKG Decrypter can extract the files from the pkg and you can try to repack and resign that but surely PSVita don't recognise it.

PS: TNMenu can play ISO/CSO directly from the NPEZ00176/NPUZ00077 folder (you don't need to move them to the ms0:/ISO folder)

Quote Originally Posted by Renold View Post
    Is there a way to pass this pkg into the Vita and install it from there?
    Thats a good thought. What format are the Vita PKGs and where do they go?

When we have this TN-CEF and FTP or PSPFiler can we copy PKGs over and will they install on the Vita?

yeah, yeah I thought of that variant, but had to run to work.

Unfortunately, I don't have a vita nearby, is someone here with DEX console and Vita and willing to cooperate with me (help in testing)?

I would help but my DEX console is in the shop getting a progskeet installed. It's supposed to be so hard its only half way done and its taken 5 weeks already...

Anyway, I got original 4.21 and CFW3.55 and a Vita 1.81 with TN-CEF working and FTP up and running. If that'll help.

One of the ideas was to have a custom 3.55 DEX FW with ability to install retail PKGs, install games, upgrade o 4.21 DEX FW and transfer games to Vita. I've encountered the problem though, after installing PKGs on 3.55 DEX then launching them, I was prompted to renew licenses (Duh!)

So, I may try to repackage with "DRMType=Free" package.conf file, but I wonder.

Has anyone tried PS3<-> Vita transfers?

I've read posts, saying that you can't transfer games between consoles without signing in PSN
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 10-04-2012 at 05:14 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not only that, but if the game is no longer available on the PSN, you cant do a transfer.

Oh. Well. That's the end then, because it's useless to have a 1.81 Vita with everything ready, just waiting to transfer the game WHEN there will be a CEX cfw 4.21 or higher. $ony seems to have thought about everything this time.

In the end what we need it's a Vita cfw where you just put the required files into a directory, launch them and everything installs without the need of an up-to-date ps3 to transfer files or signing into psn.

Maybe one day will get it, who knows. For now...
    Last edited by Renold; 10-04-2012 at 07:38 PM

Arrow Total_Noob announces CEF 6.60 TN-B for Later this week

Here is a brief update for those following: Total_Noob announces CEF 6.60 TN-B for “Later this week”

To quote (via wololo.net/2012/10/04/total_noob-announces-cef-6-60-tn-b-for-later-this-week/):

In a very short statement on PSPKing.de, famous PSP/Vita Hacker Total_Noob announced he will be releasing an update to his recently published eCFW – emulator Custom FirmWare, a new term to design a PSP Custom firmware running within the PSP emulator on the PS Vita – later this week.

Total_Noob said the new release, named CEF 6.60 TN-B, will have bug fixes, improvements, as well as potential new features. The developer is asking the community to provide a comprehensive list of bugs if possible (rather than individual reports) so that he can start working on fixing as much as he can. We do have a thread where you guys can discuss bugs, but if one member of our community could compile this thread into a “clean” list, that would probably be super helpful for him.

Stay tuned, as more stuff keeps coming almost every hour for this exploit.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast