Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yeah, too bad the 1st kernel exploit released is encrypted and (maybe) taken from the owner

if you got the same EU version, then maybe it locks up because the encryption Coldbird implement before release it to sam.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wasn't Sam a beta tester for it? So Sam could get it working so it should be working for everyone then?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The files are encrypted to work only with the Vita shown in the video. Coldbird did that on purpose to make potential leaks useless.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thats the problem with the PS scene, A-holes doing things like that.

Hang on. If he encrypted it to only work with that 1 Vita then WHY did he leave the scene when it got leaked? If it cant run on anyone elses Vita then whats the problem?

Is he a total girl and having a cry coz the public know about it now? WHY doesn't he finish it as nobody can use the leaked files so him leaving the scene is just him having a cry.
    Last edited by StanSmith; 10-02-2012 at 05:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i got the same thing it changed to french ... any idea why so ..

The problem is that your Vitas are probably at FW 1.80 or above. During the time of that update, Sony changed the rules for the filenames, which is 8.3+upper case.

This means, if you want a glimpse of the exploit you have to rename "h.bin" to "H.BIN", this will at least exploit your game and show you two lines of output.

I didn't took a deeper look into this, but my guess is, that Coldbird did something smart here ... he exploits the Vita in two stages with "h.bin".

The first stage is to exploit the game in order to gain userspace access, the second stage would be to execute the kernel exploit, which is encrypted with the Vitas Mac Adress, FW version, serial number, PSN ID and maybe even the license of the game.

The files are handcrafted for each tester and as long as you don't the above information from the testers Vita, you won't see this kernel exploit happen on yours

Now that is good and bad news ... bad news is, (for now) we won't see this, good news is Sony can't fix it, cause they don't know the needed information either.

I don't know if the code that The Z posted on pastebin IS actually the exploit, or the way they are doing the encryption thing, cause I can only see reference to the Mac adress there.

Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-A by Total_Noob

I know, pastebin (pastebin.com/WcrwqLrp) is used for codes not for releases, but I don't want to release it on any website. This is official.

Download link: [Register or Login to view links]

I can confirm the new exploit works. It runs homebrew and ISOs.

You can also get the game for free from Facebook if you have a EU PSN account.

yes, i already tried FFTactics and it works

but Valkyria Chronicles 2 crash/black screen. maybe because it need "fixed" using custom prx ?

tried on PSPgo both ISO works fine.

Care to share how you got this working?

I'm on 1.80 us vita. Is there any hope?

At the moment the savefile is for the EU version of the game, you have just to wait someone that make it compatible for the US version

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News