Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PS Vita Hello World on 1.67 Demo, VHBL Update Incoming

Sponsored Links
    Following up on Sony's PS Vita Firmware Update v1.67, this weekend PlayStation Vita hacker wololo has announced news of a new Hello World on PS Vita 1.67 alongside details of a VHBL update with a demonstration video below.

To quote: Hope you didn’t wait too long since our last VHBL release a bit more than 2 weeks ago… This is a new PSP user mode exploit by thecobra (also discovered a while ago by WosRet), which I confirmed runs on a PS Vita with Firmware 1.67. Unlike Motorstorm and Everybody’s Tennis, this game is available in the US store as well as some other countries (details to come). Check the video and details below.

Thecobra already ported VHBL to this exploit, and we already have something running, that just needs a few tweaks here and there before being released. So far I didn’t see anything that would prevent HBL from running on Vita 1.67, but that will need to be fully confirmed in the days to come.

The name of the exploited game is obviously kept a secret until the public announcement, and if you don’t want to miss the release, remember that history repeats itself. Sony will most likely remove the game within hours following the announcement, so stay tuned.

Congrats and thanks to thecobra!

Update: Below is another brief video update (via wololo.net/wagic/2012/04/17/vhbl-on-vita-1-67-tweaking-in-progress/) to quote:

Hey everyone, quickly showcasing the work in progress for VHBL’s port to thecobra’s exploit. To be honest, thecobra’s really done most of the work here, and I merely tweaked it to clean up the code, before compiling and giving it a try.

On the video below, I’m playing doom (again? I should be a bit more creative...) on PS Vita firmware 1.67.

The release should happen soon, although please keep in mind that I also have a real life to deal with in addition to this release, so please be patient while we’re getting ready.

Video: PS Vita Hello World on 1.67 Demo, VHBL Update Incoming

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does that mean we re able to download PSN exploited game to run VHBL when it is released or we have to pay PSN exploited game download to run VHBL ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Most likely pay from what is posted.

Ahh, okay. Thanks.

yah an looks like a psp game... damnit i hope its a cheap one.

can we at least get something around what price it is ? ...don't wanna spend a lot... an some psp games are like over 20 bucks.
    Last edited by dsavage; 04-14-2012 at 08:02 PM

prob best not to give hints , and sorry don't mean to be insulting but you can afford a vita but a 20$ purchase is too much for homebrew?

With the price of the Vita after you paid for it you don't have any more money for anything extra. I was lucky it came with a free memory card.

it's not a PS Vita Hello World, it's a PSP Hello World for the Vita's PSP emulator.

I'm sure people somewhere will misinterpret this as the Vita being actually hacked.

He he ... after while Sony will remove all the PSP games one by one from the Vita's "compatibility" / white list and eventually will decide it will be easier to simply remove PSP backward compatibility from Vita comletely. And indeed - you'll have the "CHOICE" either to not update and play the "last man standing" PSP game or update be able to play Vita games online. Pathetic!

Actually - it would be a nice fight back to anounce every few days some PSP games as being used for VHBL / homebrew and just watch Sony to remove them for not reason whatsoever.

I like the way you think Homer. Seriously, we should do that, they'd eventually find out but that would just show them we're furious with their lockdown of devices which supposedly belong to us. Not that they'd back down, they'd get even crazier, but they must be pushed back.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 04-15-2012 at 12:32 PM

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News