Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think there might be an rss feed, although I don't know how it works. Another way would be to bookmark the thread and keep clicking on it to check for updates.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yeah thats what I did and i missed one day cause i overtslept n guess what that was the day the game was announced, and i missed it if I could get like a text to my phone saying the games released lol that would be superb lmao oh well back to daily checkups

Sponsored Links

PS Vita HBL (VHBL r150) for Super Collapse 3 Out, Crashing Fixed

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the previous updates, today PlayStation Vita homebrew developer wololo has made available PS Vita HBL (VHBL r150) for Super Collapse 3 which now fixes some crashing issues with snes9xTYL and Lamecraft.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote from his blog: This patch fixes some crashing issues with snes9xTYL and Lamecraft, among other things.

There are still remaining issues with the VHBL port of Super Collapse 3 that I couldn’t solve yet, I am still investigating: the Duke3d engine is crashing (Duke3d, zombie crisis), Daedalus seems to be crashing when loading roms (I probably won’t investigate this, as Daedalus is slow on VHBL no matter what), Geometry War Portable crashes at startup, Picodrive will crash if you press the “select” button, etc...

So, still lots of incompatibilities of course, but this is getting better, and I sure hope you guys will enjoy snes9xTyl. Interestingly, I had to hook sceAudioOutput with sceAudioOutputblocking, which led to a terrible performance result on the PSP, but is not that visible on the vita. Once again, the superior hardware of the Vita is helping us out.

While I’m at it, here’s a tip for those who didn’t know: if you press start and select simultaneously while in a homebrew, you will be taken back to the VHBL menu. This is useful for games that don’t have an exit button. you can also change this key combination in the VHBL hbl_config.txt file.

Finally, TheCobra has made available an unofficial update as follows (wololo.net/2012/07/11/release-vhbl-154-tc-for-super-collapse-3-by-thecobra/):

This is an “official-unofficial” release for you guys who are still lucky enough to be on 1.67 and run VHBL on the Super Collapse 3 exploit.

TheCobra released today an updated version of VHBL for this exploit. This is an official build because TheCobra is the one who initially ported VHBL to this exploit, but “unofficial” in a way because the sources are not available yet, and I haven’t had the opportunity to test it on a Vita (I’m on 1.69 now...). That being said, it worked fine on my PSP, and several users have reported a better experience than the previous release (understand: better stability) overall in some games such as Jelly Car or Lamecraft.

The idea behind the fix is that theCobra hooked a bunch of functions with a generic “ok” response instead of having HBL trying to estimate their syscall. What this means is that these functions will not work, but at least they won’t crash. Depending on the function, and on how well the homebrew handles errors, this can lead to less crashes overall. Thanks to TheCobra!

PS Vita HBL (VHBL r150) for Super Collapse 3 Out, Crashing Fixed

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks

At least we are getting somewhere with the Vita. Pity the PS3 scene is dead.

VHBL 4th release: work in progress

This weekend wololo has updated his blog (wololo.net/2012/06/08/vhbl-4th-release-work-in-progress/) with details on the VHBL 4th release: work in progress, as follows:

VHBL is a homebrew loader for the PSP and the Playstation Vita. Since it relies on exploits in specific games available on the Playstation Network, Sony usually removes the exploited games within hours following my announcements.

In order to allow a maximum number of people to benefit the exploit before Sony pulls the games, we are regularly doing “confidential” releases (a.k.a. Ninja Releases) to trusted members of our forums at wololo.net/talk, using new exploited games.

We’ve done 3 releases this year so far, using exploits in Motorstorm, Everybody’s Tennis, and Super Collapse 3.

I recently ported VHBL to a 4th exploit, and confirmed it works fine on the Vita. This time, you’re going to have to trust me that I am running VHBL on a new exploit, since I cannot easily prove that this is not running under the Super Collapse 3 exploit. Here is a short video showing the PSP emulator GPSP, running Advance Wars:

The author of this exploit wants to stay anonymous for now, and hasn’t taken a decision on a release yet for personal and technical reasons. In particular, the exploited game is not available in all stores (something that’s become the norm now, we usually suggest people to bypass that limitation by buying PSN cards from some online retailers).

That being said, I am (and hopefully, other people are too) working on porting VHBL to other games in parallel. If one of the ports is successful, I’ll try to discuss with the various devs involved which exploit would be the best to release, so I am confident we will have a release ready soon enough.

My current goal (but that might change), is to wait for Sony’s next move (firmware 1.68?) before doing a new release. This is, of course, if I am done in time with the port, and if I can convince one of the owners of the exploit(s) to do a release.

Just to repeat myself, I am tired of people who come to this blog 24h after the public announcement and tell me “but I didn’t know how to get the info in advance”. So don’t let your friends be “the only guy who didn’t know about it”, and let them know about our ninja release process.

Alternatively you can yell “Ninja releases happen on /talk!!!” from the top of your building’s roof, but I heard that nowadays this is less efficient than social networks.

Stay tuned.

PS Vita Dev Wololo Unveils VHBL Success with New PSP Game Exploit

Today PlayStation Vita developer wololo has announced news of VHBL success using a new PSP game exploit courtesy of [Register or Login to view links] with details below.

To quote from his blog: Sometimes, it’s just that simple...

Neur0n has been kind enough to share with me the details of his latest user mode exploit, so that I could help porting VHBL to his game on the EU and US versions (yes, the game seems to be available on all stores, and don’t stop reading here, it gets better).

Sometimes porting VHBL to a new game can be a pain in the rear. Many times, as I discovered the hard way, we hit a wall and have to give up after dozens of hours of investigation.

On this exploit too, had I been alone working on it, I would have given up. It seemed impossible to free most of the ram (VHBL basically needs to cleanly remove the game from the ram, in order to load homebrews instead), and the exploit ended up with about 2MB of free ram, instead of the 24MB that we usually expect.

But hey, that’s where comes the joy of working with talented people like Neur0n: he figured out, within 24hours, how to free the additional 22MB. I am not sure really how he found out, and why it works, but it damn works.

So I can proudly show you a picture of my work in progress on the EU version of the game. But honestly, neur0n did all the hard work on this one

This is running on a PSP with Pro CFW, which is were all the initial development always happen for VHBL. I haven’t tried to run anything else than the menu yet, but getting to the menu is usually a very good sign.

There’s still lots of work to be done: confirm it works on the vita (which should not be a problem since neur0n already confirmed it on the Japanese version), code cleanup, homebrews tests and bug fixes, port to the US version of the game...

As far as a release is concerned, I’ll synchronize with neur0n, but I think it’s clear to most people that we’re all eagerly waiting for ps1 classics support before a new VHBL version is released. As you know, each VHBL release is quickly followed by a patch from Sony, so I’m sure everybody wants the next VHBL release to happen on a “useful” firmware. In this case, I’m sure everybody’s ready to wait for firmware 1.80.

As usual, don’t ask for hints on the game, or its price, or anything like that, as I won’t answer these questions.

Stay tuned.

Finally, in related news PS Vita developer Kylin12 has released (via psvitacfw.com/tank-war-0-40b) Tank War version 0.40b.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: v0.40b: Added double battle mode, also changes in the maps.
    • PS Vita connects to your PC *.
    • PS Suite Launches Dev (PlayStation Mobile Developer Program (Open Beta)) in your PS Vita.
    • Runs the application * VitaConnector.exe (found in the * RELEASE).
    • Click “Refresh Devices”: Select your PS Vita of the list and click ‘click’ on * Connect to Device.
    • Now select the package you want to upload to the PS Vita, in this case * TankWarPSV.psspac.
    • Upload you give and expect to complete the transfer, after which you will receive a confirmation message and you can run the game on your PS Vita.

PS Vita Dev Wololo Unveils VHBL Success with New PSP Game Exploit

More PlayStation 3 News...

Good news to hear. Not totally sure I'll ever use any hacks on my vita atleast not till there is an exploit that doesn't involve a PSP game to use. But I am happy to see progress being made on the vita unlike the ps3....

Dont ya just love the way a PSP DEV is doing his thing and releasing it for free. PS3 DEVS take notice!

Many PS3 devs release a lot of things even though they get nothing back. But I have always felt as if the PSP/Vita scene was much better than the PS3 scene.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News