Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did anyone see someone posing as wololo announced a false psp title and a bunch of folks bought it. oh boy

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Damn misleading title.. I thought Vita got hello world but instead, I saw a PSP Hello World sandbox under Vita environment.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Super Collapse 3 PSP will be used for 1.67 VHBL. Hurry before Sony removes it. Don't beleive me? Check wololos' website for more info.

Super Collapse 3 Unveiled as Next VHBL Supported Title for PS Vita

Following up on his previous updates, today PlayStation Vita homebrew developer wololo has unveiled the title of the next PSP game that VHBL will support on PS Vita to be Super Collapse 3.

To quote from his blog: Insert here random rant for Sony.

Insert here weird explanation on why people should buy the PSP game Super Collapse 3 on their Vita. Implicitly make it clear that this is the next game being used for VHBL. Don’t forget to thank thecobra for his exploit and the port.

Mention that the game is mostly unavailable for the vita in Europe/Asia, but has been so far spotted in the US, UK, Canada, Mexico, Finland, Czech, Sweden, and Poland.

Tell people to wait a bit more for the VHBL files.

Super Collapse 3 Unveiled as Next VHBL Supported Title for PS Vita

More PlayStation 3 News...

And the game will be removed from Vita's white list in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... GONE!

PS Vita HBL (VHBL r148) for Super Collapse 3 is Now Available

As a follow-up to his previous announcement, today PlayStation Vita hacker wololo has made available VHBL r148 for Super Collapse 3 which supports up to PS Vita Firmware 1.67.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

From his blog, to quote: Less than 24hours after our public announcement of the existence of a vulnerability in the PSP game “Super Collapse 3″, Sony pulled out the game from their store, like they did for Motorstorm and Everybody’s Tennis before.

Now comes the stressful moment for me: releasing the VHBL files publicly, and cross fingers that it works correctly on everybody’s Vita.

It is worth mentioning that, as for our previous releases, members of the /talk forums knew about the game’s name up to one week in advance, which gave most of them enough time to get the game without any issue.

I want once again to thank the community for being able to keep the secret, although it didn’t go without issues. Way too many people talked about the release publicly on our forums, despite the message on the forum clearly stating not to. We appreciate the support, but next time, if you want to say “thanks”, say it with a PM.

There were also a few leaks on a few websites, we are in the process of tracking down the sources of the leaks, and making sure these people will not get access to future Ninja releases.

Many thanks go to thecobra for this release, he found the exploit and did the VHBL port, I just tweaked it for the EU version of the game. I’d also like to mention that this game exploit had been sent to me years ago by WosRet on the lan.st forums, so thanks go to WosRet as well.

How to Install and Run HBL on Super Collapse 3
    • It is *strongly* recommended that you turn of all wireless connections on your PS Vita, and that you use OpenCMA (wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1252) on your PC instead of the regular CMA. This is recommended because otherwise your console has a way to force you to upgrade the firmware even before you get a chance to use the exploit.
    • Extract the HBL archive matching your version of the game in your CMA PSP Savedata folder. It is a folder on your PC named PSSAVEDATA/[lots of random characters here]. If you don’t know where it is, check your settings in CMA
    • Connect your PS Vita to the PC through the CMA, it should give you the possibility to copy the savedata from your PC to the Vita. If not, you probably extracted it in the wrong folder. (Note: You will also want to install some homebrews with a similar technique, read the section below)
    • To run HBL, start the game, select “Continue” in the Main Menu. Load the VHBL savegame, then go to “High Scores”. At this point, VHBL should start

How to Install and Run Homebrews

Installing homebrews on the PSP was an easy task. On the Vita, until better solutions are provided, it’s quite a pain in the ass.
    The CMA will only let you copy savedata, and will not recursively browse folders.

To address this, HBL comes with a tool that can extract archives with a specific structure.

Packaging the homebrew for installation on the Vita:

1) download PSP homebrews from your favorite Web site (wololo.net/downloads)
    2) extract the homebrew somewhere on your hard drive, and with your favorite utility, zip it again with the *store* setting (no compression), in a file that you will name “install.zip”
    3) take any PSP savedata (but not the one used for HBL!), and add the “install.zip” to that folder, in your PC CMA folder. so your PSP Savedata will look something like this:
    in folder PSSAVEDATA/1a2b3c4def5678/UCUS12345000/ (or something like this) you will have the following files:
    • ICON0.png
    • PIC1.png
    • DATA.bin
    • PARAMS.SFO
    • install.zip

Here you can download an example of packaged homebrew: [Register or Login to view links]

Installing:

1) run OpenCMA on your PC, and CMA on your Vita
    2) copy the previously packaged SAVEDATA (see above) with your homebrew in “install.zip” on your Vita
    3) run HBL (how to run HBL is explained in the previous section)
    4) navigate with the HBL menu to the SAVEDATA folder, then go to the folder you just downloaded (in my example, UCUS12345000), and click cross or circle on it
    5) At this point, the HBL menu should ask you if you want to install the homebrew. select yes, and wait until HBL is done extracting your homebrew
    6) The homebrew is now installed, and you can run it by going to the GAME folder, if everything went well, a new subfolder with your homebrew has been created here, and you can run the homebrew

gpSP for VHBL R148

The GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP - This GBA emu for PSP was recompiled by PSP developer Hysen to make it compatible with the latest VHBL (R148). However, there are some games with save issues, so save your game first to see if its affected by this.

Installation Instructions:

More info: WARNING: GBA.bios is needed! Put in in the root of the gpsp folder before you follow the instructions below. You must also have Winrar installed!
    • Put desired roms into gpSP/GBA/ROM
    • Put any of your old save files into gpSP/GBA/SAV
    • After that is done, right-click on the gpSP folder
    • Select “add to archive”
    • A window will pop up
    • Select “ZIP” in the “Archive format” box
    • Under Compression method, select “storage”
    • Finish up by clicking “OK”
    • Then rename the new zip file to “install”
    • Delete or move the old gpsp folder
    • Delete or move this readme out of the folder

After this is done, you are ready to transfer the homebrew to your Vita via CMA.

PS Vita HBL (VHBL r148) for Super Collapse 3 is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

maybe next time, there should be a handy program that will turn your save file that is compatible in PSVita PSP game into vHBL one.

And in the end, Sony announce they removed PSP emulation, because it's a security risk.

maybe next time you can make that app??

Maybe i miss something, but what's the point about reading news of a game who allow this exploit, when the game is no more available on PSN, so we cannot apply this method? Just to say congrats to who found the new game for this exploit? Wow cool, thanks, pfff

If it's a secret society if you want to know the new exploited game, or Sony will remove the game, what's the point on it? Is it just for an elite group? Explain me how this stuff works, because i find all of this quite pathetic.

Over all, i want to know the forum's name where new games are found.
    Last edited by Bartholomy; 04-24-2012 at 02:00 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is no real forum, it's just when people find them they send a message to wololo to confirm.

I think they're trying to expose more and more games, thus forcing Sony to remove them from PSN, causing a stir among people that want the game. Sometimes bad publicly can lead to better outcomes (this is just a theory though).

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News