Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: PPSSPP - Fast and Portable PSP Emulator WIP Demo Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Browsing various sites, I have come across this awesome new emulator of the PSP system called PPSSPP, a fast and portable PSP emulator with a work-in-progress (WIP) demo video below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Again this is not for the PSP but it a PSP emulator, now what makes this stand apart, is that it is open source but it is also multi platform, and by multi platform i mean almost anything out there can run from apple devices to android (yes phones can run it as well) to Windows, to Linux.

There is one slight drawback though it is still in early development and only plays a certain amount of games not full fledged ([Register or Login to view links]) but homebrew and certain low end graphical games, however, this does show promise. Read more about this in the quote below.

To quote: PPSSPP is an open source project, licensed under the GPL 2.0. Anyone is welcome to contribute their improvements to the code, and the hope is that over time this will resolve the compatibility problem.

Fast and portable

PPSSPP is written in C++, and translates PSP CPU instructions directly into optimized x86, x64 and (soon) ARM machine code, using an efficient JIT compiler.

PPSSPP can thus run on quite low-spec hardware, including stronger Android phones and tablets, as long as there’s support for OpenGL ES 2.0.

A video of it in action is also available below.

Finally, in related news today PlayStation Portable homebrew developer Soywiz has updated his PSP emulator to PSP Emulator r555 for Windows/Linux with the changes outlined below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Changelog for Revision 555 (2013-08-15)
    • Improved sasCore so using it now plays games better notes
    • Improved rendering speed. Now 3d games Should be faster.
    • Fixes on VFPU so Vallhala Knights is now showing skinned characters (still have some issues)
    • A CWCheat form editor.
    • Apply hq2x to textures
    • View and edit textures With The new texture editor (it Generates a. Texmap linked to the executable file folder so it will be loaded each time) and you can customize or Improve textures.
    • Added fullscreen antialiasing SMAA.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

OzwZR.png  
    Last edited by TitanTX; 11-04-2012 at 07:22 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very cool that it's open source, +Rep for the news TitanTX and I have promoted it to main page now also.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Android? Wow. I was amazed when I saw a PSX emulator for the android. But this is amazing.

I've tried it on the android and it flashed the loading screen then nothing. Most games didn't work. I've only tried 4 so far but it does look good. I'm waiting for the next release as hopefully that will be working a lot better. This is definitely a WIP, tech demo.

StanSmith it says low end games, and a compatibility list is also available on the site. Check it out

Too bad this emu won't run on the PS3 any time soon.. but interesting.

Hey its a start right, always start small and then go big (no pun intended). To get it running on these many devices which was not accomplished before is a great start it may take some time but patience is key over here.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News