Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe PSP Interview

Sponsored Links
    Today Dylan Cuthbert, President and Executive Producer of Q-Games Ltd., shared a PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe PSP video interview via Sony's PlayStation Blog.

To quote: We pulled out all the stops and decided to make this the ultimate version of PJ Monsters, so we didn't just add a new island, we've gone through and added new monsters, new towers, and a whole new island. On top of that we've added loads of goodies, concept art, and a bunch of new tunes and even some art videos from Otograph.

We've basically gone and packed it with everything we could possibly think of, so we are calling the game PixelJunk Monsters DELUXE!

The original islands are also in there but they have been "remixed" to include the newer types of monsters and get you to use the newer towers.

I'll write another blog entry in a short while where I'll go through the new towers and their abilities, but they are a lot of fun to use and add a whole new layer of strategy to the game.

Oh... on a final note, we'll be supporting WiFi multiplayer, so you can play with other people on their PSPs. There are some cool ideas in this and a fun little icon language to let you talk to each other while playing but just this alone requires an entire blog entry so I'll come back later with more details and pictures of how it will all work.

Thanks to all the PixelJunk fans for their support, it keeps us motivated!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Cool, but...

Sponsored Links
    I am a HUUUGE fan of the PS3 version of Pixeljunk Monsters, to include the Add-on content (Encore). This looks fantastic, but will I buy a PSP JUST to experience the whole new island? Maybe.

My hope is that they will release the same content introduced on the PSP version for the PS3. If they don't, well...maybe it would be the one thing that could push me to buy a PSP (or two). I don't think there is any reason for them not to release the content for PS3, especially considering that for most fans of the series any release is an "instant buy".

Monsters was probably the best co-op my wife and I have ever played. I never even knew there was a genre called "Tower Defense" until this came along. Thank God for the free demo, otherwise I might have missed out!

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News