Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: New PSP Exploit Surfaces, PS Vita VHBL Port Incoming?

Sponsored Links
    Following up on his PS Vita VHBL Motorstorm Arctic Edge hack from last week, today PlayStation Vita developer wololo has announced news of a new PSP exploit discovered by Xerpi with a demo video below!

To quote: I honestly stopped counting how many PSP “hello world” exploits in PSP games have been announced over the past months, but these exploits are getting a second life now that they symbolize a possibility for homebrews on the PS Vita.

This time it’s scener Xerpi who found an exploit, which I haven’t confirmed yet, but I should be able to give it a try sometimes this week. Will this lead to a VHBL port/release? First we need to make sure this game is actually available for the Vita. After that, only time will tell, but I’ll do my best to help

Congrats, xerpi!

Note: Let me emphasize that I am aware of several psp game exploits being available, and releasing VHBL for them or not is basically up to their authors. I’m of course offering my help to port VHBL (although my free time is limited.

Porting VHBL is relatively easy, but even with some experience, from the exploit to the VHBL port it can easily take 30 hours, if you include debugging. That’s not mentioning that each game usually comes in several versions.)

Another note: you might think, seeing all these videos of exploits, that finding exploits in psp games has become super easy. This is not entirely true. I am sure that my tutorials have made these things easier, but going from a crash to a hello world still requires lots of patience and dedication.

Video: New PSP Exploit Surfaces, PS Vita VHBL Port Incoming?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sweet. I feel all warm inside when I seen an article about exploiting games

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great news for people that didn't get the first one. like me!

I really don't understand what this exploit is and what do. Can someone explain it to me shortly?

And now what? will sony remove psp emulator?

i don't think so... psvita is too young to start removing backwards compatibility like they did with ps3!

Any of you guys turned their Vita back on after getting Motorstorm ?

I havent turned it back on yet... (I didn't disable WiFi before shutting down).

- HBL is exploit for PSP
    - it uses gamesave data overflow to write RAM (and load executables from memory stick)
    - hopefully it can be used in PS Vita's PSP emulator (thus the name "VHBL")
    - 1st VHBL is released early this month using Motorstorm Arctic Edge PSP game (downloadable from PSN)
    - Motorstorm AE not available anymore @ PSN (?), therefore new Vitas user (like me) must wait for next exploitable game
    - VHBL can't load ISO/backup and only access User mode in PSP emulator within Vita. only emulators/homebrews.

^^ at least one more PSP game exploit has been found which could potentially lead to another half-byte loader port and an opportunity for homebrew for those who missed Motorstorm: Arctic Edge.

What does VHBL stand for? o.o

You really never know... Sony tends to get ahold of this info pretty damn fast... and they'll screw us over at any time. They are pretty predictable when it comes to them stripping us of features and forcing us to "pay".

Anyway I was gonna say since I don't have a Vita I'm not gonna worry about this now. It's not really hacked now anyway so there really is no point in getting one. Especially at that unrealistic price.
    Last edited by 1Panic; 03-09-2012 at 02:00 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

VBHL... Vita Half Byte Loader lol thats what it stands for.
    Last edited by babyjoe00069; 03-09-2012 at 02:16 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News