Today Japanese PlayStation Vita hackers https://twitter.com/173210 and https://twitter.com/Nakkan0835 shared pictures
and a demo video of a hacked PS Vita TV
's upcoming TN-v4 VHBL exploit on PlayStation Vita TV below.
From the video's caption: This video shows 173210's VHBL is working on PS Vita TV. The savedata directory name is fake. Don't worry
To quote: (Pictures) emulators running on the Vita TV, make the device exciting again
If you have read my Vita TV review (and if you haven’t, do it now!), you know I have been hugely disappointed by the device so far, mostly because of the poor level of its game compatibility and services offer.
Mathieulh, of ps3 and psp hacking fame (remember pandora batteries?), happens to both be a beta tester of TotalNoob’s upcoming TN-v4, and to own one of the Japan-only Vita TVs. He was successfully able to run TN-V on his vita TV, now making the device much more interesting to my eyes.
TN-V is a homebrew enabler running in the PSP emulator of the Vita (and now Vita TV). It lets users, among other things, run emulators for the major “old school” consoles, such as the GBA, SNES, Neogeo, megadrive, NES, Nintendo 64 etc...
TN-V also has support for psp plugins, homebrews, and also the infamous “psp backups”. Let’s just say the possibility to run emulators alone makes the VitaTV that much interesting to me.
Below are a few screenshots of the VitaTV running TNv4, as shared on Mathieulh’s twitter. As Mathieu mentions on his twitter, this is not his work, but TotalNoob’s upcoming TN-v4.
Before him, other hackers have shared videos of the Vita TV running VHBL (such as yyoossk showcasing VHBL running through an exploit from dev 173210, in the video below), although no video so far was showing actual homebrews or emulators running on the device.
From Sony PlayStation Vita hacker Mathieu Hervais (Mathieulh) via Twitter:
I will record a video of TNv4 on #vitatv this week end. Stay tuned Update
: Official TN-V4 changelog revealed! (via hackinformer.com/?p=745)
It is already the 2nd December 2013 and we are still patiently waiting for the official release of the new TN-V4 eCFW, which will bring us a kernel mode to the firmwares above 2.02 (up to 3.00+) and will turn all usermode exploits, that we’ve released this year, into kernel mode. But now let’s take a look at the changelog of TN-V4:
Official TN-V4 changelog:
- Added high memory support for FW 2.1x ONLY. (Update to Firmware 2.10/2.11/2.12 and get one of the 2.12+ exploit games!)
- Added an option in the recovery menu to apply the PS Vitas registry (Registry hacks ->). (These registries will be applied: PSN, language, button assign, password lock, date, adhoc, wifi)
- Added automatic recovery menu boot at first use. (This prevents you to boot into an error message)
- Added ‘Fix exploit savedata’ option. (With this enabled, you can play the exploit game. The first 2 letters of the savedata folder will be replaced with ‘TN’)
- Added possibility to hide the exploit game in XMB.
- Added ISO category support for GCLite.
- Added possibility to change HOME and NOTE combo buttons (Advanced -> Advanced configuration ->). (If no buttons are choosen, you can HOLD the Livearea button (the blue PlayStation button) to simulate the HOME button)
- Added patch to enable 6.60 kernel modules decryption.
- Fixed CPU underclock.
- Fixed infinite bluescreen error.
- Fixed lots of Sony’s msfs driver bugs.
- Fixed all bugs made in TN-V3.
- Fixed original pscode region determination.
- Fixed bug that did not allow you to go to the Livearea screen.
- Fixed bug where HOME button was simulated, when you opened the Vita OSK.
- Dummied Temperature and Volt power functions to avoid long negative strings.
- Improved ISO cache core.
- Improved ‘Install Addon’ feature. This option is now removed from recovery menu and is always enabled.
- Removed semaphore wait in flash0 emulation. This enhances the reading speed of flash0 files (most noticable in Theme Settings).
- Made some cosmetic changes in VSH Menu and recovery menu and added possibility to change the color of these menus.
Wow. This sounds like a lot of awesome and great new features and functions. With the released TN-V4 changelog, we might can expect TN-V4 to hit soon~ish. Remember, TN himself gave us a time frame which was ‘November to January’, so it is possible that TN-V4 can hit in the next few weeks.
And now, since people like pictures, some pictures of the new functions.
- New VSH Menu: There are a few colours to choose from: Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Cyan and Yellow.
- New Recovery Menu Options #1: Same for the recovery menu. The following colours can be chosen: Red, Blue, Green, Cyan, Purple and Yellow.
- New Recovery Menu Options #2: You can use 2 buttons to simluate the Home and the Note button. You can choose from the following buttons: Up, Down, Left, Right, Start, Select, Cross, Circle, Square, Triangle, L and R. You can not choose the volume buttons or the touch screen.
- New Recovery Menu Options #3: This will apply the PS Vitas registry to the PSPemulator. This includes the language, the PSN account, the Nickname (PSN Name) and other settings.
We can’t say this enough, be sure to prepare your PSN Wallet and keep an eye at our forums. TN-V4 might be available soon.
More PlayStation 3 News