Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: Hacked PS Vita TV, VHBL on PS Vita TV By 173210 Exploit Demo

Sponsored Links
    Today Japanese PlayStation Vita hackers [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] shared pictures and a demo video of a hacked PS Vita TV running TotalNoob's upcoming TN-v4 VHBL exploit on PlayStation Vita TV below.

From the video's caption: This video shows 173210's VHBL is working on PS Vita TV. The savedata directory name is fake. Don't worry

To quote: (Pictures) emulators running on the Vita TV, make the device exciting again

If you have read my Vita TV review (and if you haven’t, do it now!), you know I have been hugely disappointed by the device so far, mostly because of the poor level of its game compatibility and services offer.

Mathieulh, of ps3 and psp hacking fame (remember pandora batteries?), happens to both be a beta tester of TotalNoob’s upcoming TN-v4, and to own one of the Japan-only Vita TVs. He was successfully able to run TN-V on his vita TV, now making the device much more interesting to my eyes.

TN-V is a homebrew enabler running in the PSP emulator of the Vita (and now Vita TV). It lets users, among other things, run emulators for the major “old school” consoles, such as the GBA, SNES, Neogeo, megadrive, NES, Nintendo 64 etc...

TN-V also has support for psp plugins, homebrews, and also the infamous “psp backups”. Let’s just say the possibility to run emulators alone makes the VitaTV that much interesting to me.

Below are a few screenshots of the VitaTV running TNv4, as shared on Mathieulh’s twitter. As Mathieu mentions on his twitter, this is not his work, but TotalNoob’s upcoming TN-v4.

Before him, other hackers have shared videos of the Vita TV running VHBL (such as yyoossk showcasing VHBL running through an exploit from dev 173210, in the video below), although no video so far was showing actual homebrews or emulators running on the device.

From Sony PlayStation Vita hacker Mathieu Hervais (Mathieulh) via Twitter:

I will record a video of TNv4 on #vitatv this week end. Stay tuned

Update: Official TN-V4 changelog revealed! (via hackinformer.com/?p=745)

It is already the 2nd December 2013 and we are still patiently waiting for the official release of the new TN-V4 eCFW, which will bring us a kernel mode to the firmwares above 2.02 (up to 3.00+) and will turn all usermode exploits, that we’ve released this year, into kernel mode. But now let’s take a look at the changelog of TN-V4:

Official TN-V4 changelog:
    • Added high memory support for FW 2.1x ONLY. (Update to Firmware 2.10/2.11/2.12 and get one of the 2.12+ exploit games!)
    • Added an option in the recovery menu to apply the PS Vitas registry (Registry hacks ->). (These registries will be applied: PSN, language, button assign, password lock, date, adhoc, wifi)
    • Added automatic recovery menu boot at first use. (This prevents you to boot into an error message)
    • Added ‘Fix exploit savedata’ option. (With this enabled, you can play the exploit game. The first 2 letters of the savedata folder will be replaced with ‘TN’)
    • Added possibility to hide the exploit game in XMB.
    • Added ISO category support for GCLite.
    • Added possibility to change HOME and NOTE combo buttons (Advanced -> Advanced configuration ->). (If no buttons are choosen, you can HOLD the Livearea button (the blue PlayStation button) to simulate the HOME button)
    • Added patch to enable 6.60 kernel modules decryption.
    • Fixed CPU underclock.
    • Fixed infinite bluescreen error.
    • Fixed lots of Sony’s msfs driver bugs.
    • Fixed all bugs made in TN-V3.
    • Fixed original pscode region determination.
    • Fixed bug that did not allow you to go to the Livearea screen.
    • Fixed bug where HOME button was simulated, when you opened the Vita OSK.
    • Dummied Temperature and Volt power functions to avoid long negative strings.
    • Improved ISO cache core.
    • Improved ‘Install Addon’ feature. This option is now removed from recovery menu and is always enabled.
    • Removed semaphore wait in flash0 emulation. This enhances the reading speed of flash0 files (most noticable in Theme Settings).
    • Made some cosmetic changes in VSH Menu and recovery menu and added possibility to change the color of these menus.
    Wow. This sounds like a lot of awesome and great new features and functions. With the released TN-V4 changelog, we might can expect TN-V4 to hit soon~ish. Remember, TN himself gave us a time frame which was ‘November to January’, so it is possible that TN-V4 can hit in the next few weeks.

And now, since people like pictures, some pictures of the new functions.
    • New VSH Menu: There are a few colours to choose from: Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Cyan and Yellow.
    • New Recovery Menu Options #1: Same for the recovery menu. The following colours can be chosen: Red, Blue, Green, Cyan, Purple and Yellow.
    • New Recovery Menu Options #2: You can use 2 buttons to simluate the Home and the Note button. You can choose from the following buttons: Up, Down, Left, Right, Start, Select, Cross, Circle, Square, Triangle, L and R. You can not choose the volume buttons or the touch screen.
    • New Recovery Menu Options #3: This will apply the PS Vitas registry to the PSPemulator. This includes the language, the PSN account, the Nickname (PSN Name) and other settings.

We can’t say this enough, be sure to prepare your PSN Wallet and keep an eye at our forums. TN-V4 might be available soon.

Update #2: VHBL Ninja release for PS Vita 3.15 Incoming (via wololo.net/2014/05/03/incoming-vhbl-ninja-release-for-ps-vita-3-15/)

It’s been quite a long time since the last VHBL release. We did have some VHBL release for firmwares 3.10 and 3.12, but it was a bit rushed and non practical: the exploitable games for 3.10 had been patched in 3.12 and became useless, which is why they got announced, and the 3.12 release was for a game that had already been removed from the PSN: pawapuro yakyu 2012.

Some hackers have also recently experimented releasing their exploits semi-privately through some contests, where 10 random lucky winners would get to receive a private exploit. In my personal opinion, these attempts were overall a disaster, with leaks or people complaining that the whole thing was unfair.

We know that ninja releases are not perfect: people sometimes leak the information before we have the time to announce the exploit publicly. But at least, Ninja releases are an attempt to let everyone know about an exploit publicly, while giving a headstart to our own community. It’s not perfect, but I think it’s fair.

In this context, Japanese developer 137210 (who is already behind many VHBL ports, including the PawaPuro exploit mentioned above) has contacted me with a new exploit for which he ported VHBL. And he intends to release this exploit for the latest Vita firmware 3.15.

I have some very good and some slightly bad news with this exploit. The bad is that the game is only available on the JP PSN Store. You will need a Japanese account on your Vita to enable this exploit.

This is a pain and I know this would typically mean lots of people won’t even bother, but maybe the good news will change your mind: according to 173210, this exploit, just like the pawapuro exploit, cannot easily be patched by Sony. It’s been confirmed recently that the pawapuro exploit still works on firmware 3.15, which tends to confirm this theory.

In other words, there’s a strong chance that people getting this exploit will be able to have VHBL running on their Vita, and still be able to update to the latest firmware whenever they want. Making this a very particular exploit in the history of the Vita and VHBL.

We will be having a ninja release for this exploit very soon. If you haven’t done so yet, please create an account on our forums at /talk, and check the forums on a daily basis. Eventually the game will be announced publicly, but remember that the public announce always marks a countdown of a few hours before Sony removes the exploited game from their stores.

Please remember that the devs in our community could always make the choice to keep their exploits for themselves and enjoy their own private homebrew-enabled Vita. Comments along the lines of “I’d prefer a Native vita hack” will be appropriately made fun of, or answered with an obligatory sarcastic tone such as “thanks for volunteering, show us how it’s done”.

Update #2: PS Vita Half Byte Loader coming to Europe and North America soon? (via wololo.net/2014/05/04/ps-vita-half-byte-loader-coming-to-europe-and-north-america-soon/)

Even thought we’ve just announced that a new VHBL will be released for the PS Vita firmware 3.15, there might be yet another VHBL release just around the corner.

Our forum user wistine made some good progress on his own port of the Half Byte Loader, which is currently working up to firmware 3.15.

As far as I know, wistine is living somewhere in Europe, which means that he is most likely using the European PSN store.

Since our already announced VHBL ninja release for firmware 3.15 is just available in the Japanese PSN store, this might be a great chance for PS Vita users in Europe and north America.

It is very likely that wistine’s exploit game is available in the European PSN store, and maybe even in the north American PSN stores, since those share a lot of games.

I have interviewed wistine a few days ago, and he was so kind to answer me some questions.

Do you intend to release your VHBL?

Yes, I will.

Do you have any plans to release it in the near future, or do you think the current firmware changes are not “good enough” to justify an early release?

I thought of releasing this exploit game pretty soon, but Ive heard a rumour, that Sony wants to release yet another small update for the PS4. I will wait and see if the release a compatibility update for the PS Vita too, so this VHBL can be used at said new firmware, if Sony releases it.

How long did it take you to find a usable crash?

Well I would say in one day. I had some free time, knew where to look and of course had a bit of luck...

Did you do such things before (basically, had your prior knowledge of such stuff)?

No, this is my first public exploit. It took me some time (about 1 year) to understand the operation of the PSP (the crashes, the memory management, exploit user, kernel etc), but thanks to many developers (wololo, acid_snake, Zer01ne, etc.) and many sleepless nights of reading documents, coding and programming, I arrived where I am today.
    We really need to be passionate, interested and motivated to learn.

How good is the homebrew compatibility, and will/can it be improved?

Basically all the homebrews Ive tested are working fine, here is a small list:
    • PSP QUAKE
    • Wagic !
    • PicoDrive
    • PSPDOXMANAGER C1.2
    • FTP FOR VITA
    • SNES9XTYLCM 0.4.2 MOD REV.26
    • MasterBoy V2.10
    • NINTENDO 64 (DAEDALUS FOR PSP)
    • OPEN BRICKS
    • DARK SUPER MARIO BROS
    • DOODLE JUMP
    • CRAZY GRAVITY PORTABLE
    • CHICKENHUNTER
    • PSP Filer (works but crashes)

In the end, I want to thank wistine for his work, dedication and time to answer these questions.

Let us anticipate the release of his PS Vita HBL in the near future!

Video: Hacked PS Vita TV, VHBL on PS Vita TV By 173210 Exploit Demo

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

vitatv_hacked3_zps6a98dc42.jpg   vitatv_hacked1_zpsb4d9d10c.jpg   vitatv_hacked2_zps024c3f01.jpg   vitatv_hacked4_zpsbe296875.jpg   vitatv_hacked5_zps72457d25.png   Spgu1EM.jpg  

P4LU8Dr.jpg   LiGqbdq.jpg   tUKQhuV.jpg   emu-vita.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    awesome.. can't wait

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Might actually turn around the disappointment I had reading the reviews for this thing.

I wonder if this will be the most cost-efficient/ practical device for all-can-do media player. Still need to see where exactly this will end up, though

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News