Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: First Look at Sony's New PSP Go Console

Sponsored Links
    We have already seen the PSP Go specifications and accessories, so today CNET's David Carnoy has shared a hands-on [Register or Login to view links] (embed currently isn't compatible).

To quote: We don't have anything new or earth-shattering to report other than to say we like the smaller design, and the PSP Go does feel pretty good resting in your hands.

Oh, and we also have some video shot with a Flip UltraHD (sorry the tight shots aren't sharper but the Flip just isn't good at close-ups).

The PSP Go ($250) is set for release this October.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would buy a psp go... If it didn't cost $250. Seriously WTF? That's as much as the Ipod touch I believe. PSP go just lost it's lead in terms of being the most hardcore console too! Apple just released a Iphone that is from what I hear, more powerful then the PS2. Come on Sony! Think! Lower the price all you did was add blue tooth and some internal storage. That should be less then the freaking UMD drive! And if you're worried about those new memory sticks then just Stay with Memory stick pro!

The whole thing is, I love the PSP go and really want one. But I am not paying $250 for old technology when I could spend the extra 50 bucks (Assuming the PS3 has a price drop) and buy another ps3.

If I was Sony I would have announced the PSP2 instead of Go....
    Last edited by CyanCaze; 06-25-2009 at 02:21 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    your right man, i will start to buy it though incase someone knows how to hack it first

$ony's new strategy seems to be to charge you more for less features. It seems like a losing strategy at first, but you can never underestimate people's stupidity, and since the new PSP costs $ony a whole lot less to make and they are charging more for it, they just might make back that big loss that is the PS3; assuming people are dumb enough to buy it.
    Last edited by Kraken; 06-25-2009 at 10:27 AM

i do agree with them about sony pricing this item to high but im still getting it. incase some of u dont know, they are working on a program to transfer your umd games to digital data and copy it to the psp go. i really hope this program runs well because i have a collection of umd games and itd suck if i cant transfer them.

Last edited by sftbdiablo; 06-26-2009 at 11:23 AM Reason: put the wrong link

sony needs to cut their losses with psp. PSP should have been dead to them once it got hacked. CFW IS PSP now. they are just losing money trying to make new psps that are exactly the same. sure the PSP go looks sexy, but really.... my psp slim has AIM on it, and can remotly connect to my ps3 through remote play and while on linux through ssh. whatever sony can think of to mkae for this generation of psp, will be nowhere as good as what homebrewers have made.

They should just come out with a psp2 with completly different hardware and features.

This is nice, but I wish they had included a 2nd joystick to the right for FPS action.

unnnghh...

personally, i think this can be either epic fail or win for sony. with a 16 gig harddrive plus mem stick and eventual hackage, this might be the right move for them because i know even with my hacked slim and 8 gig stick i wouldve always liked an internal hard drive. that would mean a 24 gig storage space for games which arent any bigger than what? a gig or 2 for the most part?

plus, if the internal HD could make the internet run faster (or if it has better int. RAM this time around). and if they would actually make a theme maker for this new psp it would be more of a personal thing for the peeps who dont hack, but still get it cuz peeps like personality.

now if they were to actually do their research on the homebrewing, and make a firmware thatll negate homebrew, then itll fail (with the most part of hardcore psp users.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie4 View Post
    sony needs to cut their losses with psp. PSP should have been dead to them once it got hacked. CFW IS PSP now. they are just losing money trying to make new psps that are exactly the same. sure the PSP go looks sexy, but really.... my psp slim has AIM on it, and can remotly connect to my ps3 through remote play and while on linux through ssh. whatever sony can think of to mkae for this generation of psp, will be nowhere as good as what homebrewers have made.

They should just come out with a psp2 with completly different hardware and features.
    You mean PSP was dead till it got hacked. The massive number of psps sold is mainly because it was so easy for people to do what they wanted to with it. Since the launch of the PSP I was hearing that it was lame and i am pretty sure most people only buy the psp because it is hacked. Otherwise it would be a complete failure.

Now software wise is a different matter, you could say piracy killed the appz but were they good enough for people to buy to begin with? Maybe it was just ahead of its time trying to bring console gaming to a handheld and because of that the developers made games that weren't really good or geared towards the handheld gaming market. Cheaper/smaller games for the likely lower sales (don't expect console level sales from handheld games)

What does the ipod touch do that the psp doesn't and vice versa? Why shouldnt it be priced the same when its a similar piece of technology? My take on the pricing is that they are taking the psp as ultra portable for a new demographic, the type of person who buys a ipod touch or bb and similar electronics. They could well make it come cheaper and with a subscription service/contract for game downloads similar to the service contracts those expensive phones have with cell companies.

I think I will buy this.. I'm just hoping that sony makes the psp2 soon or whatever there going to call it.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News