Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs Up UMDGen v4.00 Support and Feedback thread!

Use this thread for v4.00 questions and reporting any issues you may run across- Thanks guys!

how does one change the PSP_SYSTEM_VER like i can change it with -/+ when higlighted yes , but how does one save it?

Is UMD_DATA.BIN file generator works? I still haven't try it. I need to change my previous game which need RUNUMD to iso file.

I would try it and then post... no real point of posting if you haven't tried it, obviously it 'works' to some degree or it wouldn't be on the included feature list.

Well, this version is very cute and the optimize button is awesome!

But I'd like to report some issues [I'm using brazilian winXP]...
    1) some winXP messages are annoying:
    'This program needs to be closed...bla bla...' appeared after a c'soing made, but everything continues working fine...
    Even after closing the UMDGen4.0, I can't delete an ISO file utilized by it, because it's recognized 'being used by a program...' [it occurs with only ISO file, not all]
    2) Why the DAX compressor window appears requesting 'continue', even when I'm c'soing and not daxing...
    3) Even after completed a file conversion to ISO/CSO/DAX sometimes the main status bar remains 'compressing image...' [doing something?], and thus blocking another task to (de)compression...: then the only way is exiting from UMDGen4.0 and... restarting!

great program

the new layout is bad, I prefer UMDGen 3.50 with the updates of 4.00 (without the layout update )

still contains some bugs...

The "optimize" button makes some changes in % compression etc. The game ATV Pro for instance went from 865+ megs down to only 320. It says this is a optimize of 38% which of course is wrong since it's over 50% smaller. Also, the dummy file search found nothing. Will this "optimize" actually remove stuff from the file, game, that SHOULD NOT be removed for FULL functionality, including sounds, videos etc.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaserver View Post
    The "optimize" button makes some changes in % compression etc. The game ATV Pro for instance went from 865+ megs down to only 320. It says this is a optimize of 38% which of course is wrong since it's over 50% smaller. Also, the dummy file search found nothing. Will this "optimize" actually remove stuff from the file, game, that SHOULD NOT be removed for FULL functionality, including sounds, videos etc.
    Thanks
    I notice this fuction too.. I also wish to know the answer..

Quote Originally Posted by halfway2hell View Post
    how does one change the PSP_SYSTEM_VER like i can change it with -/+ when higlighted yes , but how does one save it?
    Save as a new ISO.
    Quote Originally Posted by kleenex130 View Post
    Is UMD_DATA.BIN file generator works? I still haven't try it. I need to change my previous game which need RUNUMD to iso file.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaserver View Post
    Thanks
    Optimize reduces game size by removing any dummy files and excess file padding only. It doesn't remove or relink any game files.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySparrow View Post
    2) Why the DAX compressor window appears requesting 'continue', even when I'm c'soing and not daxing
    Because you still need to set the compression level (1-9). The DAX only options will be disabled when you choose to save to CSO format.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast