Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Whenever any modifications take place UMDGen will rebuild the image with the default padding value of 0. This is why most images become a lot smaller than just the total of updated folder files removed. Padding is generally not needed in games running from the memory stick - the only time a game would be affected is if the game uses LBA protection...in which case the game wouldn't work correctly after removing only update files anyway.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by erythros View Post
    I have noticed on nearly every iso I've worked with that the explorer will at time display incorect information. If I manually browse the folders sometimes I'll see subfolders in the wrong folder. The layout view however does not seem to be affected.

Has anyone else had any problems with Valhalla Knights? After I cso it and load the cso into v4.0 it reports folders as being empty and files being zero length, but if I open it with v3.5 it shows the file information correctly. Though neither can display the PARAM.SFO data correctly (ie the icon, region, firmware...etc).
    I never came accross this problem during testing but I will look into your problem, if there is a bug it will be fixed in a bugfix update in the next week or so.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I like all the fix you did to UMDgen and the colors you get when you rip the iso. (relink, dummy)
    but I use 800x600 and I can not see all of the window. can you make it maximize?

I went in to Options and chected Associate then Ok. I can see the iso's with the UMDgen icon but it does not open the isos (or .cso) Windows opens the Open With (so I can press on a app that can open that file) but UMDgen is not there (When I had UMDgen v3.5 Associate did work)

The Batch Image Converter did not work for me. It does the first iso but when it's done it stays at 100% and does not start the next iso. (If you press stop and then start it tells you the are all done but it makes the iso that was done ok (it's the size it has to be) and the other ones in the list to 500kb or 1mb. The same thing when you do one iso but when you press stop the iso is ok. (it's the size it has to be)

I tryed the dummy search with Cabelas Dangerous Hunts (eur) that has a 300+ mb file and UMDgen looks like it whats to freezes but it did not (It does freeze if you try to exit) but it did not find the dummy file with the .cso (only the iso can find the dummy)

How does the dummy files work? (to make it 0kb) I press on dummy and it makes the file name red but it's the same size. (when I make a iso or .cso)

Sponsored Links

Thanx to UMDGen 4.00's author(s)

Sponsored Links
    Just wanted to offer some positive feedback on your latest revision of UMDgen. Excellent job guys. I especially like the 'optimise' button, just what you need to squeeze that bit more onto your MStick
    I know your hard work is appreciated by all who use your tool.

Purely a cosmetic thing, but when I use the batch conversion tool to compress iso to cso it no longer shows how much % you've reduced your original by.

Keep up the good work

I too wanted to add to tutting's positive feedback. This is a downright phenomenal tool for anyone to have on their PC.

I went through and optimized all of my ISO's just a minute ago. Do they really not lose any performance? Just rips of padding and stuff?

Volsfan91 no they do not lose any performance.(only padding) and the update if you delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by erythros View Post
    I have noticed on nearly every iso I've worked with that the explorer will at time display incorect information. If I manually browse the folders sometimes I'll see subfolders in the wrong folder. The layout view however does not seem to be affected.
    I've got this problem as well - except that its fairly frequent - for the moment i'm using v3.50 until a bugfix comes out - the update looks good though..

Some feature requests/usability bugs:

1) The optimize button shouldn't automatically decide the fate of some files on the disc it thinks are dummies/excess baggage. You could have checkboxes on the "optimize feature" for what to optimize.

I've noticed at least one image (European Gripshift) which has a list of all files on the disc with checksums. Padding optimizations would reduce the size of the image but the game doesn't load if some files are zeroed. I also noticed another game (Taiko No Tatsujin) which doesn't seem to work at all if "Optimize" has been used, but I've yet to confirm why.

2) If I select a file as "Dummy", the optimize button should take care of zeroing it for me (with a checkmark feature obviously).

Now reducing the size of a file I know to be garbage (which isn't detected by dummy search since the file contains random data) is quite tedious: "dummy" a file, save the image, re-open the image, search for dummies, re-save the image. ... you get the picture

3) The "layout" tab should tag or color the files which have been modified during the session.

This helps to detect if for example "optimize" did something I didn't want it to do. OTOH it would also help the user verify his modifications before creating the image.

Parental Control level

I have an iso that I cannot start, I think because the parental control level is set to 1 when I check the iso in the xmb. How do I edit the parental control level with umdgen? Thanks.

Hi,

I have my back-up of GTA: VCS here and I read your tutorial on replacing the boot.bin, And I put it back together with UMDGen, but when I boot the ISO, I see the PSP logo movie thing, then the screen goes black. I know I can run an iso from the XMB 'cause I am on D_A's custom firmware with NO-UMD on.

I also used the GTA: VCS RIPKITv4.00 from this site and ripped everything I could. Why wont the game start?

PS: It didnt work before I patched the boot.bin. I know the ISO is good cause I can load it in devhook via usb. Only after I used the ripkit to reduce filesize did it not work.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News