Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The "optimize" button can only be use for iso?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    From what I have tried, the optimized option only works with uncompressed iso's. Anyway, I experienced a glitch when I was using the batch converter function. The status was stuck on a "compressing" state even though it was already supposed to be done. Anyone have an idea on this? Am I doing anything wrong?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    The "optimize" button can only be use for iso?
    Yes, to detect dummy data in compressed images would mean uncompressing each file before testing. Besides...any dummy data in a compressed image would usually compress very well and would not need to be removed, the same is true for excess padding. Optimize would only benefit uncompressed images.

If we change the version of the game,for example a game come with 280 and we change it with umdgen to 271,are we able then to run with a 271 firmware or do we still have to run it with 280?

Quote Originally Posted by giomorales View Post
    If we change the version of the game,for example a game come with 280 and we change it with umdgen to 271,are we able then to run with a 271 firmware or do we still have to run it with 280?
    Most games are not affected by this. Usually it's prx incompatability that causes higher firmware games not to run correctly. The only reason I included this feature was because a few users had asked for it and it was easy to implement.

After I press the the "optimize" button to reduce the iso size, will the iso still reduce it size when I cso or dax it? I try a few time but cso or dax size seem not much different after optinize the iso..

blanking?

so this may be totally obvious, but how do i go about "Blanking" folders...or files...or whatever.
    Last edited by andyellison; 12-13-2006 at 10:49 PM

Odd bugs

I have noticed on nearly every iso I've worked with that the explorer will at time display incorect information. If I manually browse the folders sometimes I'll see subfolders in the wrong folder. The layout view however does not seem to be affected.

Has anyone else had any problems with Valhalla Knights? After I cso it and load the cso into v4.0 it reports folders as being empty and files being zero length, but if I open it with v3.5 it shows the file information correctly. Though neither can display the PARAM.SFO data correctly (ie the icon, region, firmware...etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    After I press the the "optimize" button to reduce the iso size, will the iso still reduce it size when I cso or dax it? I try a few time but cso or dax size seem not much different after optinize the iso..
    Yes the iso still reduce it size when you cso or dax it after you optimize. (There are some iso's that compress more then others) from 10%, 30%, to 50%

i have ageneral question, a lot of the iso's when removing the update files and saving as a new iso usually made a iso about 30 megs smaller then the original one, however there are some that are a great deal smaller for example i just did blitz for testing the original was 1.28 megs, all i did was delete the files in the update folder and save the iso out i didnt run any optimizations or anything and the output file was 912 megs, there are other iso's that have the same problem i noticed it in 3.5 and never used those iso's because i thought the program didnt work on those iso's however it still does that with 4.0. so i guess the quesion is why such a dramatic file change? and do those run with such a dramatic file size difference ?

i was starting to think that i shouldnt use those dramtically lower games i thought maybe content is missing. only because i ran it on luxor, the iso is 864 megs, just taking out the files in the update folder and saving the iso the new iso is only 20 megs i'm afraid to try to run it, but thought it would be worth a few laughs and it seemed to run fine for the first few levels i tested on.. do they just add hidden padding somewhere ?

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News