Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

UK Royal Navy Issues PSPs to Sailors for Training Sessions

Sponsored Links
    According to Hardocp.com (linked above), the British Royal Navy sailors in the UK are being issued with PSPs in order to help them with their training.

Apparently, the PSP units come preloaded with slides and commentary which are about 8-12 minutes per training session.

To quote: "While the US builds PS3-based grids for cracking passwords, the UK is buying Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) units and issuing them to Royal Navy sailors for use in training. The units come preloaded with study packages of slides and commentary and are about 8-12 minutes per session.

The first to receive the devices are marine warfare engineering technicians, who maintain the fleet's radar, sonar, VHF radio and communications systems.

If the PSPs are a success, their distribution could be widened throughout the Navy, starting with air and marine engineers but potentially to many other disciplines."

UK Royal Navy Issues PSPs to Sailors for Training Sessions

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    That would surely provide so much distraction with everyone playing multiplayer games with each other.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Haha.. thats so much funny and reall great. I wonder if maybe some marine will join a scene forum to hack his psp.

Or maybe we will see police officers training on the street with here pspīs.
    Who knows?

Being a military radio repair guy, I think that this would have been an awesome idea for a signal tracing/voltage inputs/outputs for electronic testing on the fly. It having wireless would make it easier to get technical manuals while working on the move. I think it is a great idea for work, and even better for downtime.

Yea im just joking... mainly i have thought on getting needed files to work in the base.

So you dont have to move from A to B to get a single paper or such things.

But i would not be surprised if in our case Sony would produce special units of existing consoles on the marked to be selled and used on a diff way.

Let us joke again thinking about that a Pilot will have a psp in his cockpit equiped with a GPRS so they couldnt drop here bombs on the wrong place... (hehe)

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News