Trying to delete movies from UMD
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11



  1. #1
    Contributor crossya0va's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What is the file extension I am looking for in UMDGen that will tell me it is a movie?

  2. #2
    Contributor leftnut101's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    *.PMF is movie.. I think some games don't work if you just delete the files, so instead replace 'em with blank files of the same name.. Should work..

  3. #3
    Contributor crossya0va's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by leftnut101
    *.PMF is movie.. I think some games don't work if you just delete the files, so instead replace 'em with blank files of the same name.. Should work..
    Does that hold true with sound files? I just deleted a bunch of sound files and now my game freezes on load up.

    P.S. How dow I replace them with blank files of same name? Wouldn't that take a lot of time?

  4. #4
    easiest way to replace files with blanks is to make a blank file (i.e. save a blank text file) and rename it to one of the files that you want to replace.. Then, open your game .ISO file with UMDGEN and drag the blank file into the right place in the UMDGEN screen.. Say yes to replace. Then, right click on the file u just put in and go to File Relinker, then "use selected file as source." Then select all the remaining files u wanna replace and right click on one of em and File Relinker then "Relink to ...." and that's it! That way it won't take a long time.. hope this helps.. p.s. what game are u trying this with?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by leftnut101
    easiest way to replace files with blanks is to make a blank file (i.e. save a blank text file) and rename it to one of the files that you want to replace.. Then, open your game .ISO file with UMDGEN and drag the blank file into the right place in the UMDGEN screen.. Say yes to replace. Then, right click on the file u just put in and go to File Relinker, then "use selected file as source." Then select all the remaining files u wanna replace and right click on one of em and File Relinker then "Relink to ...." and that's it! That way it won't take a long time.. hope this helps.. p.s. what game are u trying this with?
    I just tried this method, and it did not work. The game hangs after the Konami screen is shows and you can see the memory stick LED (red one) repeatidly blinking. Ne ideas?

    Gradius Collection is the game, but I am trying this on a few games so any info would be helpful. Thanks

  6. #6
    wouldn't it be better to replace them with the black pmf included with x-flash kerrang ? its only a few kb

  7. #7
    can anybody help me to delete movies n sounds for tekken 5? i dont see any pmf files.. only prx... what is that?

  8. #8
    There was a rip (patch) on this site earlier that would unpack the large file, remove the videos/sound and stuff, then repack it back to like 900MB.. Works great.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DoLL View Post
    can anybody help me to delete movies n sounds for tekken 5? i dont see any pmf files.. only prx... what is that?
    If you want tekken to fit on your 1gb stick use TKPDATA1.BIN as source, relink TKPDATA0.BIN to it and then rebuild with umdgen. (Relink the 0 bin to the 1bin) It takes out the videos(press start on the black screen)


    Edit: DoLL you did a new Thead for the same thing.

    you can try to use the Tekken_Dark_Resurrection_USA_Ext_Reb_For_PSP at the Home page here (you can extrack the files in the .bin file)

  10. #10
    I removed his DUPE thread.

 
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News