Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club for PS Vita Next Week

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony Director of Product Planning and Platform Software Innovation Don Mesa has officially introduced the Wake Up Club for PS Vita owners.

To quote: Back in April, we unveiled a host of new applications coming to PS Vita, including Wake-up Club, a new interactive way to start your day with other PS Vita owners. Next Tuesday, the application will be available to download for free on the PS Vita PlayStation Store in North America!

Let's face it: getting up in the morning isn't something we usually look forward to, but Wake-up Club adds some social fun into the mix to make getting out of bed more bearable.

In addition to adding alarm clock functionality to PS Vita for the first time, including the ability to personalize your alarm tone and background theme, Wake-up Club matches 12 randomly selected players who set their alarm clock at the same time into a--you guessed it--wake-up club!

Wake Up Club for PS Vita

As soon as your alarm goes off, your avatar will begin bouncing around the PS Vita touchscreen. Tapping your avatar lets other players know you're now awake. Once in the virtual club room, you can see other players' avatars, as well as who's awake and who's still sleeping. Tapping the sleeping players' avatars will "cheer" them on. If you happen to keep snoozing though, you'll notice that the rest of the Wake-up Club players will begin appearing on your screen.

Swipe them away and tap your avatar to join the rest of the group. Additionally, you can send friend requests and find out more information about each player by tapping their avatar. Make sure to check out your club records to see how many times you've managed to wake up within five minutes, how many consecutive successes you've managed, and the average time it takes you to wake up.

Wake Up Club for PS VitaWake Up Club for PS Vita

To get set up with Wake-up Club, access your PS Vita system's Settings menu, choose Date & Time, then Date & Time Settings. Ensure that Set Automatically is ticked. Then you're good to go!

Be sure to check out Wake-up Club when it launches on the PS Vita PlayStation Store next Tuesday, January 15th. Happy snoozing!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This looks like a funny iPhone app so what is it doing on the vita?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    congratulations: you've met to hit the snooze button but accidentally dropped ur vita on the floor and cracked the screen. lol
    i would never use my vita as an alarm.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    IF the Vita ever gets a dock then it might be ok but as there is no dock available ATM its stupid to have an app like this.

I got one for the 3DS and that's got a dock.

2 Stan Smith: Vita DOES have dock from the start.

I have this app for about half year from Japanese store and it's neat to play around for a bit and collect all the trophies (WHAT - alarm app with trophies? HEH!) but hardly used that since "completing" it. Might have to do something with the fact that I never use the alarm anyway to wake up ...

Here in Aus they dont. I've been to all the local game shops and none have it and there isn't even anything on their computers. I even went to the Sony shop and they also dont have a dock anywhere. They said there isn't one and they wont be making one.

If there is a dock for the Vita then can you point me to a site that will sell me one?

Plenty of those on ebay or any Japanese import sites like play asia etc...

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News