Source Confirms PSP Go! at E3, PS3 Slim Coming But Not for E3

Today Arstechnica's inside source spilled the beans about Sony's long-term strategy.

The PSP Go! is real, and should be announced at E3.

The more surprising news? A PS3 Slim is in fact coming, but not until Sony sells the PS3s sitting on retail shelves.

Regarding a PS3 price drop, Sony Public Relations Rep Jake Osuwah stated the following http://twitter.com/jakesplace0:

"Price Drop? Nope...(Seriously Quit it with all the Rumors) not yet anyway! Now about PSP Go/ PS3 Controls! (No comments)"

To quote: With E3 only a few days away, the rumors and speculation have begun to filter around the Internet; all eyes will be on Los Angeles to see what Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft have up their respective sleeves.

Luckily, we don't have to guess, as we have the support of our very well-informed mole. His information? Not only is the PSP Go real, but we'll be seeing a slimmed-down PS3 in August or September.

However, this news likely won't be announced during E3.

More PlayStation 3 News...

I'm not trading or selling my PSP Slim for the PSP Go! if all it does is add some fancy sliding casing. What else do you have in the new PSP, Sony? I guess we'll just have to wait till next week.

As for the PS3 Slim... I suppose it's safe to advise everyone to go get your "fat" PS3 now! and don't wait for the Slim or for the fat version to disappear, as the same story could repeat itself with the PS2 fat and slim. Many people consider the fat version better, as it has better cooling, with bigger fans. PS3 fat v/s slim is going to be no exception. The Slim version will have all components packed together and heat dissipation is going to be a major factor to consider if anyone is waiting for the Slim version to finally buy their PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by sharks View Post
    The Slim version will have all components packed together and heat dissipation is going to be a major factor to consider if anyone is waiting for the Slim version to finally buy their PS3.
    Heat output is constantly descreasing with die shrinks, etc. so there will be less heat dissipation to worry out. There is a lot of wasted space in the old design too.

-Erich