Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Announced at this year's CES, they will be out sometime this year. No pricing yet.

Here's a link with brief details.
    http://www.memorystick.com/en/events/ces2006/exhibit.html

Thumbs Up

HAHA I just finished posting this in the Site News, but cool- now we have an official thread for it!

The pisser for me is I'm still waiting on a 2GB MS that has been back-ordered from Dell since last October lolz! Supposedly it's going to ship on Jan 13th finally, but I'm not holding my breath. :hitw

Well - question of course is with which firmware version it will actually work as far as there were clear difficulties to make work bigger CF drives with Datel HDD however it could be down to the HDD unit itself...

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News.COM
    HAHA I just finished posting this in the Site News, but cool- now we have an official thread for it!
    heh, I checked before I made the thread :-P But yeah I see you can pick up a 2GB Sony Pro Duo on ebay for around $90-$100 now. I'd love to have an 8GB one! I bet they're gonna be like $400-$500. So I can't wait til they come out because the 2GB should drop some more, which would be nice to have... I'm still easing along with that darn 32MB card.

Not really much point of a 8Gig card... the PSP can't address anymore then 4Gb

Well I'm sure $ony will come out with a Firmware update for that issue, after all, they wouldn't market 8GB sticks with a PSP displayed under them if they weren't going to be compatible. Of course then the cycle will repeat itself, find a way to use/spoof that firmware to work with homebrew and so on.

Well, even if the 4GB and 8GB sticks are horribly expensive, at least it'll probably drive down the cost of the 2GB sticks a bit. Mayhaps I might finally be able to afford buying myself a 2GB stick.

Yeah, Sony will probably include support for FAT32 in later firmware updates (has anyone actually tried to plug in a FAT32 formatted memory stick to their PSP? what errors did you get?). Well, as I don't see myself needing 8GB (I think the biggest I'll need is 4GB) of data on my PSP, I'm cool enough with lower prices for 2GB sticks.

i think i tried formatting my 1 gig stick!

Yes i tried formatting my Card with the Windows Format Option, on the Right Click Menu over my PSP Drive Icon, Boy does it make a Difference, after doing that, i tried to upload a .ISO image onto the Memorystick , it took 58 MINS not Seconds or 3.5 mins like they Normally do, so Re-formatted card on the PSP it's self, thats better back to 2 - 3.5 Mins again (Depending on Size of .ISO), ALSO Interesting was that my 2 Gig Stick runs Faster than the 1 Gig

Quote Originally Posted by UK KingPep
    Yes i tried formatting my Card with the Windows Format Option, on the Right Click Menu over my PSP Drive Icon, Boy does it make a Difference, after doing that, i tried to upload a .ISO image onto the Memorystick , it took 58 MINS not Seconds or 3.5 mins like they Normally do, so Re-formatted card on the PSP it's self, thats better back to 2 - 3.5 Mins again (Depending on Size of .ISO), ALSO Interesting was that my 2 Gig Stick runs Faster than the 1 Gig
    What are you talking about? I format all my large cards FAT32 without a problem. PSP still can read FAT32 it's just not 100% supported (Space wise). If it's taking 58 minutes to transfer an ISO from you PC to MS, you have problems... It takes 10-15 to transfer a 1G ISO from my PC to my 4G Microdrive which is formated FAT32, but it's not the format's fault, it's the Microdrives fault. I plan on replacing it with a 4G CF ULTRA II once my friend finds it... that will make a huge difference.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast