Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony PSP Phone Pictures Leaked, Xperia and PlayStation Logos

Sponsored Links
    Previously some video footage surfaced on the Sony's upcoming PSP phone, and today Engadget.com (linked above) posted some leaked pictures of the new device showing off Xperia and PlayStation logos.

To quote: "We've heard of the mysterious, still-totally-unofficial PlayStation Phone running Android 2.2 in the past, but we'd also heard it could run 3.0 - thing is, that was back before we knew Gingerbread would be 2.3, so it's possible that those 3.0 rumors ended up materializing as 2.3. Capiche?

Anyhow, this is the first time we're seeing the Xperia Play (or Zeus Z1, or whatever it'll end up being called) running 2.3 in the wild, doing its thing next to a white Xperia X10 to give you an idea of scale.

Also notable: these appear to be new hardware builds that feature refined touch surfaces - notice the engraved circles - along with PlayStation-themed and Xperia logos at the bottom (notice the telltale square, triangle, X, and circle shapes).

The screen shots call out a model number of R800i, which has previously been associated with the Zeus... so this is definitely lining up nicely."

Sony PSP Phone Pictures Leaked, Xperia and PlayStation Logos

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

se-xperia-play-010411-01.jpg   se-xperia-play-010411-02.jpg   se-xperia-play-010411-03.jpg   se-xperia-play-010411-04.jpg   se-xperia-play-010411-05.jpg  

se-xperia-play-010411-06.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just have to buy a psp and a new smartphone.

All in one!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Honestly I think XMB could make for a decent phone interface even if it ended up on a machine like this without any hardware for PSP.

Still, these machines are fast enough to run PS1 games. They should definitely offer those up.
    Last edited by Tatsh2DX; 01-05-2011 at 10:27 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this could end up being a really cool device. i've always liked the idea of a psp phone. now let's hope that sony doesn't take features away after this is released.

Looks alright could've been better if they came up with a new design instead of copying a previous xperia. Still looking forward to it, glad its got android on it, its a pretty awesome mobile os.

The only thing that sucks with sony phones, is they never update Android. I don't even think they did any 2.2 updates on existing phones, and 2.3.1 is already out now. 2.4/3.0 will be soon as well.

The Phone looks awesome, now when i does get released, what phone companies will be able to use it.

Lets hope it runs linux or they're screwed.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News