Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony PS Vita System Software Update v1.61 Arrives, Detailed

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the previous update, today Sony Network Entertainment VP Eric Lempel has announced that PS Vita System Software update v1.61 is incoming with details below on it, as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

According to [Register or Login to view links], PS Vita Firmware 1.61 doesn't patch the current PlayStation Vita exploit which is indeed still alive and good news for homebrew fans.

Now that some of you early adopters have PlayStation Vita in your hands, we're going to begin keeping you posted on any changes to system software here on PlayStation Blog.

In preparation for Wednesday's wide release of PS Vita, tonight we're making System Software Update (v1.61) available for download. If you are just turning on your PlayStation Vita for the first time, this update will add the following features:

• A new application, (Maps), has been added to the home screen.
    • In addition to photos, you can now take videos using the Photo application.
    • You can now publish stories about the products that you rate in PlayStation Store to Facebook.
    • In near, players' information is now displayed on the Discoveries screen. On this screen, a list of the online IDs of up to 100 players that you have encountered, and the number of times that you encountered each player, are displayed. Tap an online ID to display that player's profile screen.
    • The Mac OS version of Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation has been released. The Windows version has also been updated.

You can download Content Manager Assistant from [Register or Login to view links]. Refer to the Web site to find out how to install the application.

If you have already updated your PS Vita to 1.60, 1.61 will improve certain aspects of the system software.

There are a few ways to update the firmware on your PS Vita:

• Select "System Update" under the "Settings" menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
    • Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.

Sony PS Vita System Software Update v1.61 Arrives, Detailed

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Erm - Maps, Video recording and new CMA supporting MAC was already available with version 1.60 a few weeks back ...

Registered User sonofskywalker3's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It clearly says: "If you are just turning on your PlayStation Vita for the first time, this update will add the following features", meaning you haven't gotten the previous updates. It says below that if you already have updated to 1.60, this will "improve system stability"

i applied this and on the update log it said the same thing as 1.60, only 2 lines of text
    • maps
    • photo video

nothing different really

Quote Originally Posted by sonofskywalker3 View Post
    It clearly says: "If you are just turning on your PlayStation Vita for the first time, this update will add the following features", meaning you haven't gotten the previous updates. It says below that if you already have updated to 1.60, this will "improve system stability"
    Sure, but it's moronic in the same way as listing "new" features for previous version of FW lets say for PS3 "just in case" somebody skipped one update or jsut got new PS3 ... Updates (as per any sw releases) should list what has been added since the last version and rest should be listed in the update history by previous ones.

System stability? So they probably patched a buffer overflow or some such thing...

So, after playing with my new wifi unit, I can see a few issues I would like addressed by the next patch. Overall, though, I believe they put a lot more thought into this launch than the PSP. I really think they made an effort here, and it shows.

BTW, Sony, please fix the constant wifi drops.

Cool Bypass Vita Firmware Update 1.61

download and install charles

open cmd and type ipconfig /all and make a note of your computers IPv4 address.

on your playstation vita select use proxy server and type your computres IP address and select port 8888 (charles default)

turn your vita console off then open charles when you power on your vita you should see a link for psp2.update.playstation.net right click on psp2-updatelist.xml and select edit then select the Query String Tab and click add in the name box type var and in the value box type 01610000 then you can bypass vita updates and connect online see pictures

i forgot to mention that you need to click on execute

you need this [Register or Login to view links] its a modified version of psp2-updatelist.xml in charles right click the press map to local file. i changed the version numbers from 01.600.000 to 01.000.000
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

ver.png   edit.png   settings.jpg   cmd.png  

Silly question but I have searched the download section for Charles and there isn't any link.

Can you please tell me where I can download from please?

A quick google search turned up here: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News