Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony: PlayStation Portable Piracy is Trending Down Right Now

Sponsored Links
    Sony Computer Entertainment of America's head of hardware marketing, John Koller, recently spoke to MTV about PSP piracy.

Koller stated that PSP piracy is trending down right now, and that it has not be as prevalent in the last one to two months.

To quote: "We've made really no secret [that there] certainly has been some piracy on the PSP," said Koller in a phone interview last week. "We've seen that as a significant issue - it's trending down right now, we've seen the piracy not be as such prevalent in the last month to two months. But it has been a problem for us."

"We've noticed there's kind of a 'good vs. evil' battle that we track on many of the forums and many of the pirated Web sites," laughed Koller. "There's certainly people that are standing up and fighting for what we consider the good side, the rights of developers and publishers to make money on their IP.

And then there's certainly the other side that believes that they can take as warranted. It's kind of been nice to see other consumers going and help and fight the battle for us." More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a somewhat odd view of Piracy. See If a game is 12 years or older I don't see a point in not Pirating it. The Copyright is gone, and the game is most likely harder to find in the psychical world then my pokemon cards I lost 10 years ago (Or rather someone stole them ).

Anyway point is new stuff, Naw not good to steal. Old stuff, Maybe.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    don't they know that's why the psp's sales are way up are because you can hack and put in anything you want

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News