Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony: Piracy Has Taken a Big Chunk of Game Sales from PSP

Sponsored Links
    Sony's Peter Dille has revealed that PSP sales have been severely affected by piracy. Dille noted that piracy is no good for anyone in the gaming industry, and the data from BitTorrent sites on how many copies are being illegally downloaded is 'sickening'.

To quote: It certainly makes business sense for Sony to switch to digital distribution, but one of the motivating factors for the new-found focus on digital distribution may be rampant piracy on the platform.

Peter Dille, senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America, believes that PSP sales have been severely affected by pirates.

"It is criminal what's going on," Dille tells [Register or Login to view links]. "It's not good for us, but it's not good for the development community. We can look at data from BitTorrent sites from the day Resistance: Retribution goes on sale and see how many copies are being downloaded illegally, and it's frankly sickening. We are spending a lot of time talking about how we can deal with the problem."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really don't believe this crap and if Sony thinks that's true they're bigger idiots than I thought. The chances of me spending 45 dollars on a game that I'll only play casually or can beat in 4 hours is pretty slim. I'll take those 45 dollars and put them towards a 20-30 hour console game.

I bought Phantasy Star Portable when it came out but I can't even remember the game I bought before that. It had been almost a year since I had dusted off my PSP. It isn't about piracy it's about garbage games in my opinion.

I had traded all of my PSP games in before Phantasy Star Portable, but at least that's one game I'll end up keeping forever.

I bought Patapon and hated it (honestly I was just crap at it) but other than that all my other games have been bought at full-price. Disgaea was one I considered keeping but then I found out it was coming out with more content for the DS, so I traded it in.

I have nothing but sighs for you Sony.

*sighhhh*

There's a reason there are very few 9+'s on the PSP, and it isn't piracy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ill buy games if they start making good ones.... Hopefully with motor storm, i believe little big planet and assasins creed is also in the list... If these games are good ill actually buy them, maybe... because how can sony think they could charge us 40-50 dollars for a game on a psp... when you could save up like 10 more dollars and get a sick ass game for ps3.

Compare... small pointless umd = $40-$50. Like 3gb mem.. (i think) VS blue-ray = $60-$65. massive storage (i know)...

Sponsored Links

Piracy

Sponsored Links
    Not being funny but PSP games are so cheap why are people downloading them, at least if you like the game you should by the orginal, I use to have a psp with custom firmware but If i really appreciated the game i downloaded and tried i would go out and by it.

Piracy= less game development from game producer if they don't think the console is not secure enough!

purchasing games = developers making better games.

Of course i understand that if you can't afford games then it's your choice how you get them.

less games may have been sold, but more psp's have been brought so it evens it self out really.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News