Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Offers Ten Free PSP Game Downloads to PSPgo Registrants

Sponsored Links
    As an incentive to boost PSPgo sales, today Sony has announced that those who register their PSPgo handheld after April 1, 2010 will get ten free full-game PSP downloads!

Select titles include Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, 2010 FIFA World Cup and Grand Theft Auto, and the deal is inline with their recent announcement of a PSP Essentials budget software range that will offer several triple-A titles available both on UMD and digitally for just 9.99.

To quote: "On PSPgo we've decided to innovate with that particular business model," SCE UK sales director Mark Howsen told MCV.

"Next month we're launching a free ten game offer. And this isn't just older titles - we've worked with third parties and there's some really good core products.

"We're using it as a method to drive the hardware as well by making the whole proposition much more appealing."

Sony Offers Ten Free PSP Game Downloads to PSPgo Registrants

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's really random coming from sony.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i think it just shows how much of a bad move the PSPGo was for sony tbh, offering 10 full games just so you will buy the hardware? imagine that happening on the ps3, it just wouldn't!

also, i think the registration will be to prevent piracy of some sort by keeping tabs on what the registered PSP's fw is etc.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    i think it just shows how much of a bad move the PSPGo was for sony tbh, offering 10 full games just so you will buy the hardware? imagine that happening on the ps3, it just wouldn't!

also, i think the registration will be to prevent piracy of some sort by keeping tabs on what the registered PSP's fw is etc.
    I agree with your first statement. It could be that the PSPGo was a bad move, but if you don't try, you won't know.

But on your second statement, I don't think so. If they want to check FW on the PSP's (any PSP), then this offer would have been extended to all PSP owners or at least half the amount of downloads.

So yes - its so they can market/promote the PSPGo ...

This just proves that the PSP 2 is coming out

Exclamation

I bought the PSPGo thinking Sony would provide support for it. Boy was I wrong. And now I'm being penalized for buying it before everyone else?

What about the people who already bought the Go? They do things like this and then wonder why piracy ever occurred in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by arcness View Post
    I bought the PSPGo thinking Sony would provide support for it. Boy was I wrong. And now I'm being penalized for buying it before everyone else?

What about the people who already bought the Go? They do things like this and then wonder why piracy ever occurred in the first place.
    Welcome to the thing they call "life". Promotions are not there to serve the ones who already have the product, its there to get those who don't to buy the product. This is not limited to $ony - everybody does it! Banks, car manufacturers, other electronic manufacturers, websites etc...

Sony wants to show a winner in all its generosity, a price break and online squatter was that even by microsoft.

like an idiot, i just registered. where the hell are my 10 free games.

i plan on selling it next month, i'd rather have an ipad, so 10 games will increase the value.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News