Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Confirms PS3 Game NGP Ports Will Be Simple and Quick

Sponsored Links
    According to Edge Magazine via CVG, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that PS3 game ports to NGP (Next Generation Portable) will be both simple and quick for developers.

To quote: Today, many teams are familiar with the PS3 and are used to including a variety of effects in their titles.

"Based on this expertise - and also the working habits they developed working on the PS3 - we had to make development on the NGP as natural as possible - an extension of the PS3, if you will.

"So the three demos you've seen - Lost Planet 2, Ryu Ga Gotoku [Yakuza] and MGS4 - they prove porting is simple and quick, but it doesn't mean that's all you can expect. My view of NGP isn't just as a platform for porting PS3 titles."

Sony Confirms PS3 Game NGP Ports Will Be Simple and Quick

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Promoted to the main page and +Rep for the news shummyr.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea, it might be easy and quick but will they do it?

They said it would be easy and quick to transfer UMDs to the PSP GO but it never happened.

Just another BS comment from the biggest BS'ers of them all, $ony.

Haha that's true Jes03 although its nice hearing you sorta have a portable ps3 in your pocket, i really think they should have the psp2 as a console/Platform on their own and have its version of games, not ports. Maybe some, but i think it sorta defeats the purpose of the home console.

It's basically Sony's way of re-selling old games. why would they port the UMD to PSPGo when they can just re-sell it via downloadable content. Nintendo does it too, but much cheaper. The Wii has NES classics for $5 and SNES classics for like $8. MOST PS1 games on the PSN Store are $9.99-$14.99 or even more!

Why porting ps3 games to ngp though? If i want to play these games i can play them on my ps3. I hope for more original games and new concepts utilizing the capabilities of the handheld. Climbing trees with the touchpad in Uncharted is ok but I hope for something more clever Fortunately, Yoshida shares the same thought

The way i see it, they might create spin off games like they did with the god of war games and the Grand theft auto series for the PSP. As i remember, the God of war was a story of its own that you didnt need to play in order to understand the PS2/PS3 game series.

I'm always looking forward to seeing titles that have a great story attached, as well as a very interactive multiplayer experience. I think titles like, gta, call of duty, metal gear solid, uncharted, an gran turismo, will offer that. That the system would be open to a larger audience, meaning that the single player experience will always be available to the core players, and the other players who simply are not interested in a story can move on to the mp, like on the ps3 with a lot of big titles.

Maybe Sony still didn't learn! Maybe they will do "ports" from Ps3 to NGP as they did with PS2 to PSP...

Quote Originally Posted by jokr2k10 View Post
    It's basically Sony's way of re-selling old games. why would they port the UMD to PSPGo when they can just re-sell it via downloadable content. Nintendo does it too, but much cheaper. The Wii has NES classics for $5 and SNES classics for like $8. MOST PS1 games on the PSN Store are $9.99-$14.99 or even more!
    So what you're saying is Nintendo charge:

$5 for 8 bit games
    $8 for 16 bit games

But Sony charge:

$9.99-14.99 for 32 bit games.

That sounds about right to me.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News