Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Confirms PS Vita to Hit Japan on December 17 at TGS 2011

Sponsored Links
    Today at Sony's Tokyo Game Show (TGS) 2011 [Register or Login to view links] the PS Vita handheld console has been confirmed to hit Japan on December 17, 2011.

According to [Register or Login to view links] via [Register or Login to view links], there will be twenty six PlayStation Vita titles (game logos pictured below) at launch, including Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Sony's Hot Shots Golf & Uncharted: Golden Abyss, with various other titles like Dark Quest, BlazBlue, and Rodeo.

For those curious, PlayStation Vita will sell for 24,980 yen (US $324) for the Wi-Fi version and 29,980 (US $390) for the 3G model, which will be available in partnership with Japan's biggest mobile operator NTTDoCoMo.

In the US, a PS Vita model that connects to the Internet only using Wi-Fi will be priced at US $249, while a version of the gadget featuring 3G connectivity to telecom data services will be priced at US $299. Sony did not reveal when the PS Vita will be heading to North America or Europe yet, however, it is predicted to arrive during Q1 of 2012.

Sony also issued a Press Release stating that a memory card will not be included in the base PS Vita package. For those curious, Vita Memory Cards will come in denominations of 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB. The price breakdown is as follows:

• Memory card 4GB – 2,200 ($28)
    • Memory card 8GB – 3,200 ($41)
    • Memory card 16GB – 5,500 ($71)
    • Memory card 32GB – 9,500 ($123)

Finally, to quote from Engadget (linked above): "Sony's just announced in Tokyo that the PlayStation Vita will debut in Japan on December 17th, and it'll partner with NTT DoCoMo for the console's prepaid 3G service. Customers will have two choices of connection here: 980 yen ($13) for 20 hours, and 4,980 yen ($65) for 100 hours.

Alas, the rest of the world will still have to wait until 2012, but you'll know more concrete dates as soon as we do. For now, head over to our sister site Joystiq for the SCEJ press conference liveblog.

Update: Capcom's Yoshinori Ono came on stage to mention that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would launch simultaneously with the console.

Update 2: Square Enix also announced that the PS2's Final Fantasy X will be remastered for the PS Vita, and it'll be in PS3-like quality. Sadly, there was no date nor demonstration.

Update 3: The first 500 units sold will come with 100 hours of prepaid 3G connectivity. Want in? Pre-orders open on October 15th."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How much will it cost here in Europe? Probably they'll change only the currency from U.S. dollar to euro and they didn't care about the fact that the euro is worth more than the dollar.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Heh, I wouldn't doubt it... is anyone here planning to get a PS Vita when it is released? I don't think I plan to, mainly because I owned a PSP and really didn't use it a whole lot although I probably would if I was on the go more often.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I haven't got a PSP and I decided not to take it, so I am waiting for PS Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    How much will it cost here in Europe? Probably they'll change only the currency from U.S. dollar to euro and they didn't care about the fact that the euro is worth more than the dollar.
    It blows me away that they get away with that. People should have constantly complained from day 1 until something was done about it. For the longest time in Canada they treated the CAD as if it was 60 cents US, they treated it as less even when it was well above the USD (1 CAD for a while was $1.10 USD and even now is above it).
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 09-14-2011 at 03:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Heh, I wouldn't doubt it... is anyone here planning to get a PS Vita when it is released? I don't think I plan to, mainly because I owned a PSP and really didn't use it a whole lot although I probably would if I was on the go more often.
    I've got one pre-ordereded and can't wait to get it. I had lots of different Psp over the years, but never really used them for games, mainly for media and skype.

It costs more for Wi-Fi? lol.

I hoped to get it before christmas so it could be my present from my family but it looks like perhaps the easter bunny might need to bring me one.

I might buy one just so I can get one that hopefully will be able to run homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    It costs more for Wi-Fi? lol.
    no...
    In the US, a PS Vita model that connects to the Internet only using Wi-Fi will be priced at US $249, while a version of the gadget featuring 3G connectivity to telecom data services will be priced at US $299
    I think that if they can remaster FFX on the Vita and that Uncharted game is actually as visually amazing as the demo's then this might be something worth getting.
    Although, like Boss says, it's only good if you're on the move a lot which I don't know if I will be

And the whole Europe's price model is just change the Dollar sign to a Pound sign annoys me to no end!
    At the moment it is $1=1.58!!

Using the XE.com converter, they should really be priced at $249 -> 158 and $299 -> 189!!!

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News