Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony on Combating Piracy with PS Vita Proprietary Game Cards

Sponsored Links
    Today Scott Rhodes of Sony Worldwide Operations was asked in an interview with [Register or Login to view links] how they are combating piracy on the PS Vita platform, who responded that proprietary PlayStation Vita Game Cards are currently being used.

Below is an excerpt from the interview with the details, to quote: "Sony's been very, very open about the fact that piracy really hurt the PSP, so I was wondering if you could dive into a little bit about the efforts you've put into preventing that this time.

SR: That was front and center in the early specs of this machine. We needed to have something that would combat piracy from day one, and that's why the cards that you can purchase for the games are in their own proprietary format.

And these days, so many people say the word "proprietary" is a bad word, but it's something that we felt was completely necessary to make sure that people could not pirate these games. I mean, it's a custom security solution on each one of these cartridges. That is something that we are confident will protect us from piracy for the long term."

Sony on Combating Piracy with PS Vita Proprietary Game Cards

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sure ... sure ... and now the one about Red Riding Hood ... PR crap and greed - nothing else. The same goes with DRM ridden proprietary mem cards.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Memcards are expensive crap also to combat piracy?

cartridge = electronics

electronics = hackable and electronics can be cloned unlike pressed discs

Banned User
    They said the same about UMDs and look how long it took till they were copied.

I give it by Christmas this year the Vita will be running CFW and backups. If not then the Vita scene will be as pathetic as the PS3 scene. Lets hope for the first option.

I refuse to buy a Vita until 1 of two things. 1, $ony unban my account. 2, Hitman comes to Vita. I doubt I'll ever own a Vita. It'll be the first console I dont own. It is now the first console I haven't gotten on launch day.

Did umds really take THAT long? If I remember correctly you just pop a umd in and use a umd to iso homebrew app. That's been released for ages

Edit: just realized it was a joke lol
    Last edited by SanctumSlayer; 02-22-2012 at 09:14 AM

Banned User
    I cant remember the exact time but I think the PSP was out for about 2 months before UMDs were dumped. I got mine in October of the launch year (I think that was about 1-2 months after it was launched? and I could make backups just about straight away.

I had to upgrade to play GTA:LCS then downgrade for homebrew and ISOs. I know I had mine for about 1 month before I could rip and play backups. The first backup wasn't an ISO but that didn't come long after.

Yea I got mine when it launched in march 05 or 06 can't remember. Fw 1.5 I think supported homebrew natively. Then there was a buffer overflow hack for 2.0 that came out after.
    Last edited by SanctumSlayer; 02-22-2012 at 09:53 AM

I don't understand them. If the titles are available as digital downloads, how does the addition of a new format hinder the piracy of the former?

Cartridges to fight piracy? You may ask Nintendo how this is all good, seriously.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News